A hero's guide - Captain Cosmic

Even if you don't have an extra power to use you can still use it to discard cards, which if you discard your equipment you can get it back with Salvage Yard.

It works great with Micro Assembler, as you can pull a tool from your deck and then use it for your regular power.

Another combo for Augmented Ally is with Unflagging Animation: discard a Construct at the start of your turn to get a power and immediately get the Contrsuct you discarded into play.

Went through this list and didn't see Tempest plus Augmented Ally. None of his additional powers like cleansing downpour grievous hailstorm OR localized hurricane have the key word limited. Whats that 2 cleansing downpours a turn or ridiculous amounts of card draw and damage? Yeah Tempest is mvp for Augmented Ally.

We just played this combo tonight:

Play an Augmented Ally on Termi-Nation Absolute Zero.

Cold Snap in play. Start of Absolute Zero’s turn. Fooooom!

Chains nicely with a previous use of Violent Shivers from Abs’ previous turn, for board-clearing damage while Zero still has a chance to play a card and use another power.

You need the Augmented Ally in play first for this to work, I think.

We had some off-turn card plays happening. I forget which we stuck on him first, but eventually Absolute Zero ended up beginning a turn with cards in play. That was the turn where stuff got crazy.

I've found that Argent Adept is fantastic with CC on the team -- since all of his outgoing damage is 1 HP, AA can ping any of the constructs easily. Scherzo of Frost and Flame becomes "Heal whoever is next to the Vitality Conduit by 4 HP," or "Whoever's next to Dynamic Syphon can use two powers."

Though Dynamic Syphon goes best on Tempest, I find, if there's a Cleansing Downpour out. Anything that hits all hero targets for 1 HP becomes heal all hero targets by 1 HP. Hitting all hero targets for 2 HP is neutralized. Have AA ping it, and everyone recovers 4 HP.

Once had a game where I was the Adept and got pretty well set up with a lot of my stuff. At some point Captain Cosmic put a Dymanic Siphon on me and then we just had everyone deliberately keep plinking it for one or two points of damage so I kept getting to use a whole bunch of powers over and over again, part of which included healing the Dynamic Siphon back up to full again >:).

Here’s another interesting feature: X-TREME Prime Warden Captain Cosmic can target his power use at a Vitality Conduit. That triggers a lot of healing!

Same is true of Dynamic Siphon, of course, but you need it on a hero with lots of available powers to get the best effect.

Well, you only get 3 triggers until it dies.  But there are ways around that.

This of course assumes that Cosmic Crest isn't in play.

I just like piling Autonomous Blades on him. They mean 3 extra damage per power use, less DR of course.

True - but how many other ways are there to have an arbitrary hero regain 6 HP or get 3 off-turn power uses?

Another one I found in the app while playing Prime Wardens Captain Cosmic:

Cosmic had Destructive Response in play, a Vitality Conduit with 4 HP on another hero, and an Augmented Ally on himself. At the start of his turn, he used the Augmented Ally to use his base power. Then he played Potent Disruption, targeting the Vitality Conduit and destroying it. I had a choice of options, to have the Destructive Response or Absorption trigger off of the Construct’s destruction. I chose to have the Destructive Response go first, and targeted one of its pings at the (4 HP, being destroyed) Conduit. It activated and healed its hero.

I think this revolves around Cosmic’s base power keeping the Construct in play while it’s being destroyed. I’m guessing it would work even if you dealt more damage to the Vitality Conduit than it has health - one of the few ways to have that happen!

Huh. That’s very clever. And could possibly form an infinite loop with the Scholar with multiple energy forms. You would need one form to ping the conduit, one to ping the Scholar so that he could heal, and one to actually deal damage, but it should work.

That sounds like a possible bug.   Otherwise it should be possible regardless of which version of Captain Cosmic you are using when any Construct like Vitality Conduit or Dynamic Siphon are in process of being destroyed.  

Yea, if a card is destroyed, and it doesn't have an "on destruction text", the, even though it is still in play, it has no text, and its effects should happen.

I suppose so. It’s also possible that I mis-remembered the actual sequence of events. Somehow, I got to ping a Construct that was already in process of destruction, and caused its on-damage effect to trigger. I wonder if there are any other ways to set up that situation where multiple destruction effects should trigger (Bounties?) to see if it happens consistently.

This doesn't match what occurred in my last week's one-shot video: Sentinels of the Multiverse - Weekly One shot #65 - Training Day - Mint - YouTube