A Hero's Guide to Unity

So some thoughts on TermiNation Unity:

Her power is a godsend in five-hero games -- I've played plenty as base unity where AOE attacks wiped her bots left and right, leaving me in the lurch while I try to recover, while TN Unity can always be sure to have a bot out. Bee Bot probably benefits the most from this -- if it's already out, then Reconfigure is both damage and environment control; if it's already been destroyed, you can pull it right back out, making her potentially the most reliable environment/ongoing control next to Argent Adept, and less vulnerable to ongoing wipes.

The power is also good in the early game, effectively letting you play a card and still get a double-draw. While the mandatory bot destruction to use the power can be painful sometimes -- you probably want all your bots out -- the extra draw helps to alleviate that a lot. Add in Volatile Parts, and you've got a lot of damage to spread around.

TermiNation unity doesn't make it any easier to get a bot into play from hand, but it's more reliable in the long-game and better at recovering from a board wipe. The only other downside is it seriously reduces the usefulness of Robot Reclaimation -- why pull a bunch of bots back into your hand when you can play them straight from the trash?

I'm curious to know when is it ever really necessary to use Robot Reclaimation? That card is normally discard fodder for me. Although, now that I think about it, it does synergize pretty well with heroes who allow her to put the top card of her deck into play.

If you're playing a destruction heavy version of Unity (using Volatile Parts) it's great!

If a bot gets discarded, it's great!

If you just want to draw a card, it's great!

If you had a bunch of bots out and they all got blown up by something, it's great!

I would add that stealth bot becomes another bot I love to have in her trash, since it can often take a huge chunk of the villain damage, let it get destroyed, and put it out again immediately. She pairs best with villains/heroes who allow her to discard though, because she can have a hard time getting started without it.

As always, Thank you Flamethrower. Your guides have not only made me a better player, but has allowed me to simply enjoy the game more and have fun. (win or loose).

1 Like

Unity is one of my favorite heroes. I like the minion-maker concept, but too often it gets to micro-management heavy to be fun. Unity is one of only three characters I’ve been able to take a villain down from max to 0 in one turn (Tachyon and Haka are the others), and Unity is able to do it more consistently.

Personally, I’m fond of pairing Unity and Onmi and just having Onmi use his base power on Unity. Also, Team Leader Tachyon and Legacy are team love.