BGG best digital board game voting, activate!

Alas, Sentinels did not win. Or even place.

Link

On the plus side, one of the other apps I voted for "won"!

It’s on Dave’s list

Yes, yes it did. But this is not the thread about Dave's backhanded compliment. It's the community vote.

Star Realms won, really?  I played through its campaign, barely (got it in a Humble Bundle), but didn't find it to be all that great.  It's too easy to optimize mathematically, so games come down to not much more than Candyland once you've played enough games to figure it out.

What do you mean “backhanded compliment?” I didn’t see any comments from him, just the list.

@MindWanderer: Going by what people picked in the end, it seems to be basically really a "what games are most popular" list rather than necessarily a "what games are best implemented" list. Which I admit doesn't surprise me terribly and isn't even necessarily inherently bad ("These are the games everybody plays" is still useful information), but I wish sites would be more explicit in pointing that sort of difference.

Props, though, to the Dave person for being the only one to list both Sentinels and Elder Sign.

Jeez.   Do you have a link to his full review?

Dave's opening line in his review of it in the gift guide is

"When Handelabra released Sentinels of the Multiverse back in 2014 they did the unthinkable: they made Sentinels playable."

As I said at the time (I thought here, but it turns out it was on the discord server)

"Ow. Just Ow"

EDIT: Made it clear that the quoted line was not the whole review

Yep

I find it funny that he admits he's never won a game.

Yeah, that seems a little... weird for anyone with any sort of minimal experience with card/board games. (I mean, I won the digital tutorial itself as the first Sentinels game I ever played, having had experience with MTG beforehand.)

Then again, the Steam Achievements for the game show that apparently only 43% of players have gotten the "Win a battle" achievement, so... yeah I dunno. Even accounting for the inevitability of many players who acquire the game and stick it in their backlog and take forever to get around to it, maybe the game really is just that hard for the average player?

I wouldn't say it's hard at all, but I suppose we should take into account that not everyone can focus on playing more than one hero at a time. Also, if someone's just dropping into the game then they aren't going to be as familiar with the decks as someone who went from the tabletop to the digital varsion.

But still, don't most achievements revolve around winning at least one game?

Yeah, but those have even lower compliance as it turns out.

The highest percentage achievement that requires winning a battle is the one you get for defeating all four core villains, with 12.2% of everyone having achieved it. (Win a game in each core environment is close behind with 11.9%.)

The highest variant that requires winning a game is Mad Bomber Blade with 5.6% achievement.

Achievements were added to the game after launch, so there would be a set of players who have the game (and won games) but stopped playing before that.

To vote for your favorite digital board games like Sentinels and Bottom of the 9th, you’ll need to follow these steps:

1. Go to the BoardGameGeek website
  2. If you don’t have an account, create one by signing up. If you already have an account, log in.
  3. Navigate to the voting section or the page related to the top ten digital board game implementations vote.
  4. Look for the list of eligible games, and locate “Sentinels” and “Bottom of the 9th.”
  5. Cast your vote for each of these games by selecting them from the list or following the voting instructions provided on the website.
  6. Some voting processes might require you to rank your choices or give them a certain number of stars. Follow the instructions accordingly.
  7. After voting for your favorite games, make sure to submit your choices.

Remember to check the specific rules and guidelines for the voting process on the BGG website to ensure that your votes are counted correctly. Voting deadlines and other essential details may also be provided on the voting page.

Good luck supporting your favorite digital board games!