Definitive-Sode

A definitive start to this new year of episodes.

2 Likes

I am so happy to have DE in my hands, yesterday. Was rather… miffed at FedEx for a day’s delay, but that’s actually fairly mild for their usual level of incompetence.

Can’t wait to see what’s in Rook City. “Dark Watch and Friends… and Foes” is interesting. Besides the 5 members of the team (based on their answer to my question, I’m assuming Harpy will be in it), I wonder what other heroes will be there. Maybe Parse? If Nightmist is there, Gloomweaver will probably be there, too. Will Apostate be there, to fill out the original “Infernal Relics” set?

No.

*Smoke Bombs*

Excuse me. EXCUSE ME. There is a smooth jazz sax remix of the Christopher and Adam Reading Letters to You song??? Jean-Marc is too funny!

So, “Rook City Renegades?” That being the name of the RC baseball team, I’m expecting to get some Bottom of the 9th crossover action. :wink:

I was thrilled to get the FedEx shipping notice last Wednesday, but it’s still only on the “label created” step. Oh, well. No sense getting worked up about something that I wasn’t expecting to get for another month or two anyway. I’m looking forward to cracking that box open soon!

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s really in flavor for Greazer to be flipping people off; he’s loosely based on Lobo, but Lobo is a gritty 80s bad-attitude-dude, while Greazer is a groady sleazeball from the 50s. “The Bird” is much more appropriate enough for the first one than the second, given that the idea of “bad language” and similar concepts loomed much larger in the older decade.

1 Like

I was glad they answered a few questions in this one, usually mini-sodes aren’t this substantial. :smiley:

2 Likes

I can totally see a “Sports star” variant set.

As much as I would love some baseball references…

My memory is that in-universe “Rook City Renegades” being the name of the team was a wink and nod to Rook City Renegades already being a comic about various superheroes in Rook City (and I think them being the baseball team might have been an off-the-cuff joke in the Letters Page?) A bunch of the “Wraith and Parse Vs. Spite” storyline where Spite died was Rook City Renegades, IIRC, as were early appearances by Expatriette and Mr. Fixer.

1 Like