Editor’s Note 51

The last main recording of the year

Upcoming Schedule:

• Tuesday, January 4th: Start of year break!
  • Tuesday, January 11th: Episode #199 - Writers’ Room: Guise and Scholar in SPACE!
  • Tuesday, January 18th: Editor’s Note #52
  • Tuesday, January 25th: Episode #200 - Writers’ Room: An Unequivocally Feel-Good Issue

Recording schedule:

• Friday, January 7th: Episode #199 - Writers’ Room: Guise and Scholar in SPACE!
  • Friday, January 14th: Editor’s Note #52
  • Friday, January 21st: Episode #200 - Writers’ Room: An Unequivocally Feel-Good Issue
1 Like

I’ll believe it when I hear it. ; )

2 Likes

I think we are all in that same boat.

1 Like

I thought it was a good segue.

Looking forward to Definitive Edition questions. :slight_smile:

I do get things done, but this “lingering Oblivaeon” skit is making me feel so called out. XD

Man, we really missed out with Prime War. D: I hope there’s another way they can get those story beats out.

You don’t show the paradise dimension on the page because it’ll never be as nice as anyone could imagine it. Let the reader envision their own personal heaven.

Man, I do love listening to them talk about RPG campaigns they’ve been in. :smiley:

Whoa, Christopher saying “bye”! :open_mouth: Sequence break!

2 Likes

Since the multiverse has had only OblivAeon, doing his duty as the Entropy Entity and very much not doing his duty as the Preservation Entity (effectively going postal on his job is pretty much by definition not doing it), I would imagine that the cosmic scales have swung so far toward the Entropy end of the scales that they will now boomerang back toward Preservation for a long time. Maybe there should be some sort of “end of death” storyline?

Also, just as I pointed out that The Graey was basically just the Neutral Evil plane of Hades in the D&D cosmology, that setting also has a Neutral Good plane, whose original name I forget since I always refer to it as Eden, which likewise has a “Will Save to find the will to ever leave” deal, only it’s pleasant and colorful rather than miserable and gray. So there could definitely be at least one paradise dimension in the cosmos, which is a trap that the heroes have to resist, but is only a trap in the sense of tempting you never to leave it, not in a way of making anything bad happen to you while you’re in it.

“Guise Goes To Hell” is a terrible name for a story, but “Guise Versus The Devil” is perfect.

Oh hey, Josh the Valiant asked almost exactly the same question that I sent in, practically word-for-word except for his sign-on and sign-off. Great minds…

I’ll probably be skipping that week’s episode… :\

Argh, it’s getting hard to avoid a triple post. This last semi-post is aimed at @Nimbus, with his intended character concept of an Avernus/Clarity crossbreed. To me, this solution seems obvious: a character who learns of Clarity’s existence creates a ritual to protect himself from exposure to Clarity, allowing him to learn a tiny bit of the infinite knowledge and enlightenment from Clarity without getting more than a tiny bit of madness out of it. (Many others have tried and failed.) Effectively, the ritual works like looking through a pinprick so you can see a solar eclipse. Using this ritual, the character gains one piece of knowledge from Clarity, and that piece of knowledge is “Aeturnus exists, and here’s how you tap into its power” - without gaining a full understanding of how bad an idea that is. So now the forces of Clarity are trying to warn all of humanity to stay away from Aeturnus, and the force which is Aeturnus is trying to corrupt all of humanity (and perhaps even the beings of Clarity) into becoming its victims, and those two forces are both flowing through the character, who is trying to wrestle these two “bears” at once without being torn apart by them as they try to destroy/corrupt each other.

1 Like

I suggest “The Devil and Joseph King”, taking a cue from Daniel Webster. Of course, rather than being a great orator Guise is just an insufferable twerp. This leads the Devil to depart and leave Guise as ruler of Hell for a day. It gets so bad so fast that the tortured souls are begging the Devil to return and put them back in their normal state of misery. Cover tagline: “What fresh Hell is this?!”

5 Likes

This is dead brilliant. :smiley:

1 Like

I think you mean “pure dead brilliant”, Mac…