Episode 265 of the Letters Page - Writers' Room: The Guise Book #22

Absolutely. It should be a knock-down, drag-out fight with camera angles that never quite show the Count’s feet or that he’s ever not right next to Guise. Then when Guise stakes him, the Count disintegrates and reveals that Guise just staked his own hand.

7 Likes

Hey, I thought Adam typically grabbed three random names from his cover livestream to appear on the cover… but this one has Badell, Rebottaro, Bender. Is this the first time post-DE that the real trio got credits on a cover? I wonder why this one.

It’s not the first time. There have been others like a lot of the Volume 2 Disparation issues they’ve done episodes done, Alpha Vol 3 Issue 12, and plenty of others. I don’t know offhand what makes Adam choose their names.

https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Podcasts#tab=Comic_Covers

Looking at the gallery, the majority of the ones with any credits list the “real peeps”.

The only names that are definitely canonical are ones he’s done for DE or the RPG (or the History, but we haven’t seen many covers from that yet). Some of the Writers’ Room covers may be accurate as well, but not guaranteed.

I don’t think any of them are random. They’ve codified a whole list in the History of Sentinel Comics book. There are several appearances by people who backed old projects at high levels, to get their names added to canon. I think C&A have some friends in there, too. Obviously I don’t know many of them, but longtime Letters Page listeners will be able to pick some out.

2 Likes

On the art stream the other day, Adam basically said that once the History is finished and they have writers assigned to everything they need to go back and correct the existing Writers’ Room covers. He didn’t outright say thus how he assigns credits for now, but I get the feeling it’s “whatever he feels like at the moment”.

1 Like

That’s really super cool to see them all spread out like that!

https://sentinelswiki.com/index.php?title=Category:Comic_Covers

In that case, you might want a gander at the setup of every single cover laid out.

Note that WT uploaded the Definitive Edition covers too, so extra treats now.

4 Likes

I’m really hoping one day we can get high-rez versions. I’d love to replace all the original and EE prints on my office walls with framed cover arts. :heart_eyes: