Episode 279 of the Letters Page: Writers’: Cosmic Tales Vol 2 #533

There was a joke about him telling Brianna that something about him “sticks with you”, with the follow-up joke being that she didn’t know he was the Adhesivist yet so he had to add “hang on to that, it’ll make sense later”.

3 Likes

Yeah, I realized once they started reading other letters that my interpretation, which was “out of all time, which relationships did readers most suspect might actually be real or probable in canon,” was not the definition of “shipping” that other people inferred, including C&A. That’s why I omitted gay relationships for non-gay characters, because as much as Legacy + Baron Blade is titillating, no readers would seriously suspect it would ever happen. Certainly, the list of what ships people would like to talk about in 2016, as a snapshot of both character development and the fandom, would be a very different list.

I could have sworn the Vantage/Rival relationship was more “will they” than “won’t they.”

2 Likes

I’ve been slowly plotting a letter for the eventual third shipping episode for a while now, and one of the things I was definitely going to put in it was an affectionately amused observation that the RL fandom is almost an unrealistic model for the Metaverse sometimes, because we are way too sane and reasonable on matters like this compared to what an actual fandom for a mass market property would be like.

2 Likes