Episode 287 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Legacy Independence Day Spectacular

It’s spectacular

3 Likes

Adding in the cool wraparound with the spine text as well.

2 Likes

I am here to discover if the story really does fit that amazing cover. :3

Pssh, as though a simple death ray would do anything to Teddy Roosevelt. :V

oh, so the villain is a modern-day politician, melting smiley face emoji

I did not expect this would give them an opportunity to dive into Legacy not just being a jingoistic blind patriot, that’s a pleasant surprise.

Oh, the villain is a future president? So a modern-day politican then…

“Imperius, the Paradox President” they’re right, it’s too good, omg

Ahh, so Legacy was Xanatos the whole time.

He’s a Parsons??? Okay, yeah, this is amazing, I love it XD

By George (Washington), I think they’ve done it! I feel sorry for all of the non-US listeners, for like, this whole month, omg

I wonder if President Paradox still has the Parsons Family secret sauce.

“You cannot give him Bunker’s brain.” Well not with that attitude!

“You should wrap yourself in layers of others.” Oh, so Adam is not advocating wearing other people’s skin. c_c;

Therapy is great!

“The stabbing point of the cutting edge” is amazing

Whoever wrote the Sk8blayd letter, your sister is absolutely right XD

…There are other Night Snake fans? :V I kid

So the Naturalist is still Deadline’s nemesis, huh?

Would a villain catch a hero dyin’ in the juice?

3 Likes

Have to say, my current level of cynicism is showing. I was… actually disappointed. It felt like something out of the 70s… kinda. I was hoping to have something more like Superman vs the KKK rather than Captain America’s bicentennial special.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

this is the best reply you could have made XD

2 Likes

My biggest question from this is will Adam sell an actual-size print of this to hang on my wall with other comic covers?

Not sure, but you could try getting the digital file via his website https://www.atomicinkstudio.com/ and have it printed at a copy shop or any digital store maybe?

1 Like

Oh, wow! :hushed: I didn’t realize he’d added that option! :partying_face:

I can understand this, but I’d argue that metameta considerations factored in and considering the current mood of the country this is the story we needed even if it’s possibly slightly ahistorical from a comics history stance.

I also agree with KateWalker that the Parsons bit was the perfect touch. I feel like we need more plots with unpowered extended Parsons family members in general, even if they’re just minor subplot ones.

Especially in the older days, there’s gotta be lots of unpowered siblings out there to then have lots of cousins. Like, both my parents had five siblings, that was just what people did (heh) back then.

In the letters section I loved the whole “which villain would save their nemesis” talk. Not only was it an actual interesting ethics question for once, but both the “Apostate would save Fanatic just to get to hold it over her forever” and the entire bit about Kismet being pettier than they want to admit were especially amazing.

3 Likes

I’ve only listened once so far, but I don’t remember this being mentioned in cover section or elsewhere. Harvey Brook: real-life comics figure or metaverse writer, etc. who’s probably covered in History of Sentinel Comics or some of the lesser known YouTube videos out there?

So far it seems they’re a metaverse stand in for Jack Kirby.

3 Likes