MOBA Tournament Pick/Ban Styling

That is not quite the case just yet however. We need a larger cast until that's really true.

Case in point is Dawn. Dawn's largest strength is the pure action economy she gets through her citizens having their own turns and not awarding victory points for being killed. It takes a large amount of resources from the enemy team to take away her biggest strength. In the current game no one really is a great counter to Dawn, hence why she is either consistently picked or banned in every game.

I am really hoping the new "fat spite" has a mechanic that "eats" fielded minions (such as Citizens/Bots/ect) in some form or another, providing a solid counter pick to really strong meta characters like Unity and Dawn (Unity already has a strong counter pickup in Ambuscade, but you get the idea). I'm very much looking forward to all the new characters and what kits they bring to the table and how they will challenge the current meta.

This is 100% false for a magnitude of reasons, not the least of which have already been voiced and echoed in this thread by myself and others. Bans are not about "fixing" the game. They dont "fix" anything. They are limits imposed to cultivate more creativity in team building. And thats exactly what it does. Proof can be seen in practice 24/7 on Twitch if you watch competitive MOBA's and with the way the Tactics meta has been changing through its life cycle.