Parse Strategy Guide

Card for card, I agree.  Parse can do everything - deck stacking, ongoing/environment destruction, irreducible damage, damage buffing, card draw, multiple card plays and straight up villain card denial.  Her only weakness is no defense/healing (had  few games where she gets caught in the lowest hero cycle and she goes down quickly) but she has many ways to stack the deck that it tends not to matter much.  Fugue State is an excellent promo for an amazing deck.

I think one of the things that makes Parse powerful is her ability to react to events that are ordinarily bad news for the heroes. Have to discard a card? Critical Multiplier! Have to discard your hand? ALL THE MULTIPLIERS! Don’t like the villain card that got played? Erase it!

It’s kind of interesting that she came in the same set as KNYFE, who has several Ongoing and Equipment cards that let her do stuff when they’re destroyed, which is similarly usually something the heroes don’t like.

In fact, Parse and KNYFE’s promos also dovetail nicely, with powers to let the team manipulate the bottom cards of a deck. Now I want to play a game with those two involved…

One neat thing about Fugue State and Rogue Agent, it opens up interesting possibilities for other characters and new interactions/perspectives. Most people might use Dark Visionary's base power and Nightmist's Astral Premonition to control the villain or environment deck, but with the promos, using them on hero decks becomes more attractive. Bring What You Need and Arcane Cadence also stack the bottom of decks, changing the priorities there -- instead of banishing a card you don't think you need to the bottom, put in the one you'd like to play out of turn. Same with Quick Calculation.

As an alternative to Snap Decision, Augmented Ally combos beautifully with Fugue Parse - you get an extra power use so you can control the Villain deck with Extrasensory Awareness while still having a power open for Neural Processing, and the *cost* of doing so doubles the effectiveness of Neural Processing. 

Never underestimate Critical Multiplier.

EDIT: Sorry, link won't work, pic of Masadah's irreducible damage being increased by 12 from Critical Multiplier.