Sentinel Comics Trading Card Power Ratings

The other day, I was rummaging around in my attic, and I found my old collection of Sentinel Comics Trading Cards from the ‘90s! So I thought I’d post them here for all of you.

Okay, so that didn’t actually happen. Sentinel Comics never made trading cards in the ‘90s. However, a lesser-know comics company did actually make a series of trading cards. And on the backs of those cards were Power Ratings: numerical rankings of characters’ powers, skills, and abilities.

So, I thought that it would be fun to make Power Ratings for the Sentinel Comics characters.

Here’s how the system works. There are six attributes: Fighting Ability, Intelligence, Strength, Speed, Durability, and Energy Projection. Every character’s attributes are ranked on a scale from 1 (below average) to 7 (godlike). In most cases, 2 is the human average. More details are available here: Power Grid | Marvel Database | Fandom

And here are my ratings for all of the Sentinel Comics heroes: Sentinel Comics Trading Cards - Google Sheets

I may get around to the villains in the future; time will tell.

Of course, we all know that trying to quantify and rank the superpowers of comic characters is a fool’s errand. The powers and abilities of such characters fluctuate wildly from issue to issue. Nonetheless, I did this just for fun, so here I am.

Well, what do you think? Did I get the rankings right? Am I way off? Should Character X actually be stronger than Character Y? I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Let the discussions and debates begin!

3 Likes

First issue is Benchmark and the Sentinels were not around in the 90’s…

I would also rate Wraith as higher than 5 for fighting ability.

Argh! Curse you, Godai! Well, everything happened in the ’90s.

But 6 is “Master of several fighting styles” and 7 is “Master of all fighting styles.” If my memory serves me, there is only one card in The Wraith’s deck that is actually based on her fighting ability: Combat Stance. The rest of her stuff is just tech. Also, C&A have never really confirmed how many, if any, fighting styles The Wraith has mastered. The same goes for Mister Fixer. I gave him Fighting Ability 6, because he’s definitely not a 7. And I gave The Wraith a 5, because I think she should be lower than him.