SotM Glossary, or What on Earth Are These People Talking About?

https://greaterthangames.com/forum/topic/sentinels-slang-4050

I forgot about the slang thread. Awesome!

Yay, more good ones. Thank you!

I'm leaving out the real person names, partially because it'll lead to more confusion ("Wait, do you mean Ronway bit you in the face or the Cursed Acolyte did?") and partly because I can't help but feel that "cameos" deserve their own list. And if I included a few of the common ones here, it'd feel all incomplete not to have everyone listed and the list's long enough already.

1 Like

As far as RL people cameos are concerned, I'd say that if you were gonna include any of them, at least include Anvil and Hammer (Christopher and Adam, respectively), since those are the two who probably come up the most often (especially as the former is probably one of Dawn's most annoying Citizens, after Truth ;)).

Flip - Reveal the top card of a deck and put it into play via e.g. Omnitron-X's base power.

PtL - Pushing the Limits [Tachyon]

If this is a glossary for the entire site, and not just SotM, then GSF should be in there.

I think there should be a separate GSF list, for simplicity. I imagine most new people will be here primarily because of one or the other game, and the SotM list will be long enough already without cluttering it up with a whole other game's worth of stuff.

Oh, I see what you mean. You mean I should add "GSF - Galactic Strike Force, another game by Greater Than Games" to THIS list, right?

Added, thanks!

Yep. That’s what I meant.

Cool, I can go with that. Makes sense. :slight_smile:

IREP = InfraRed EyePiece [Wraith].

GH = Grappling Hook [Wraith] - this one might be a stretch.

SDS = Self-Destruct Sequence [Wagner Mars Base].

Incapped - Incapacitated (might be a stretch, but could be worth having just in case.)

Thanks guys, just about to add those. :)

Sticky'd!

Yay! Thanks! :)

FTFY - Fixed that for you

FWIW - For what it's worth

I don't know whether you want to add non-Sentinel terminology, but I remember being confused by both of these when I was new here.

I only just worked out from its context what "FTFY" meant as I'd not seen it written out like that before. "FWIW" is one I've come across previously, though.

While I agree that both can be confusing, if I open the doors to generic abbreviations we'll end up with an enormous list which will make finding Sentinels-specific terms (which likely exist nowhere else) increasingly difficult.

I guess we need to add “Train” to the mix, as it took a while for me to figure out what this thread was talking about… :blush:

I thought it was talking about Fright Train at first, and was very confused.