The Letters Page! Episode 2 Discussion (The Wraith)

Yeah, I had figured it was a situation where the Freedom Six were seeking help from the "main" timeline's heroes.

I must've missed that part of it.  About what time in the episode did they say the F6 defeated Iron Legacy?

My bets for the two "lost" heroes are Haka and Tempest, to make their apearance in the barbeque photo an easter egg for very long term fans of the comics.

Makes a lot of sense; also a little bit of a thematic tie that, when Legacy becomes Iron Legacy, Tempest reunites with the group to take him down (doesn't work with Haka, sadly)

Nice catch!

It's mentioned very much in passing: I don't think Christopher and Adam realized they were doing a reveal. But 35:46 of the Legacy episode, there's a reference to Iron Legacy being " ousted from [the] other world", meaning the Freedom Six timeline.

They say Iron Legacy got ousted but I'm not convinced it was the F6 based on that.   Maybe OblivAeon caused him to be ousted. 

This was before the OblivAeon event. You’re right that right there they don’t talk about the Freedom Six specifically beating him, but it seems implied to me. In the Wraith episode it certainly sounded like that Wraith gave up her ideals but successfully achieved the goal of defeating Iron Legacy.

Thanks for the info on the Freedom 6.

Regarding the Freedom Four Annual I was referring to it was not Issue #1. Looking at Absolute Zero's cards Cryo Chamber has the flavor text:

Flavor-Text: "Better bored in here than dead out there." - Ryan Frost, Freedom Four Annual #2

This is likely the issue of Freedom Four where Absolute Zero joins, then we have the Freedom Five Annual starting at annual #3.

In fact Onboard Module Installation in AZ's deck has a quote from Freedom Five Annual #4
Flavor-text: "What to wear, what to wear..." - Absolute Zero, Freedom Five Annual #4

But then on Isothermic Transducer the flavor text is back to Freedom Four Annual #7
Flavor-Text: Tachyon: "But the laws of thermodynamics have more to do with-" -- Absolute Zero: "Look lady, all I know is fire gets all weird around me." - Tachyon, Absolute Zero, Freedom Four Annual #7

Since Tachyon and AZ are mentioned and I can't see Legacy missing, I assumed Wraith but I suppose it could be Bunker instead. I can't find them now but I'm pretty sure Annauls #6 and #8 are both Freedom Five so its just one Annual that drops back to Freedom Four.

I'm not really sure where you are trying to go with this.   Freedom Four #1 was just missing Absolute Zero from the main Freedom Five we know and he would join shortly after.  His first appearance is credited as Freedom Four Annual # 2 in his bio so it would make sense shortly after that issue it would just become Freedom Five Annual # 3

Christopher and Adam have said a lot of time shenanigans always comes back to OblivAeon.  So actions of OblivAeon direct or indirectly have been occurring throughout the SotM canon.  

I'm mainly excited to see what happens with Chekhov's Hairdryer. I wonder when we see it again.

Also I could not stop laughing when they did the voice for it in Imbued Vitality.

OblivAeon is the new nanomachines!

I think what he was pointing out is that it's suddenly Freedom Four again with Annual #7; meaning after AZ joined up, it got bumped back down for some reason.

Gotcha.  It wasn't very clear to me.   If anyone left for a bit I could see it being Wraith due to the explanation given that she thought she felt for a while she was doing the team a favor by helping.  

Yeah, of the five, she seems like she was the least invested in the team until Spite killed her friends.

It's also possible she needed some physical and/or mental recovery time after Spite was dealt with. Of the Freedom Five, she seems the most vulnerable to injury, since she lacks superpowers or an armored suit of any kind.

Keep in mind the incap art for Wraith. It seems that she was assumed dead for some period of time.

Or it's just a shock-cover. You know, a comic book cover designed to make you thing "Oh my gosh, does the Wraith die?! I gotta buy this issue to find out!" But it just ends up that she fights in a graveyard or something…

Yeah you guys got what I meant about Annual #7 dropping down to Freedom Four for some reason. Sorry for not being clearer.

I did confirm the #6 and #8 were both Freedom Five so it was only dropped for one Annual. (#6 is first appearance of Nightmist and #8 is on Legacy's Bolster Allies)

Anyway I sumbitted the question: is the Wraith is related to the Freedom Five becoming the Freedom Four, if it is, is it related to her leaving the team, or her "death"?

And if its not related what story arc is the grave scene a part of?

We will get a better answer to this as I assume they will do a full episdoe, or at least a shorter interlude episode, on the Freedom Five as a whole post the individual character episodes.

Agreed. I actually submitted a question about any temporary roster changes, also…