Weekly One-Shot #273: Choose to Challenge

Happy International Women’s Day! (Insert Deadpool reference here)

Challenge Operative (deals fire damage each round),
La Capitan (her one shots deal each target psychic damage, and if her ongoings are destroyed, reveal the top card and if its not an ongoing, play it),
Ermine (Subtle Diversion and Uncatchable start in play),
Miss Information (First time a player card is discarded per turn, each villain regains 1 hp, end of turn play the top card of the villain deck with the highest hp), and
Friction (Shock Dampeners are indestructible) are fighting

Freedom 6 Wraith, Akash of the Void, Fugue State Parse, Super Scientific Tachyon, and Termi-Nation Unity at THE ENCLAVE OF THE ENDLINGSSSSSS!!!

Good luck heroes

Mint, though a close one with everyone up but at 5 hp or below. Definitely would have gone down if not for a couple Healing Pollens and Wraith Bot/Smoke Bombs reducing damage.

Ended up going in an interesting order of MI first, followed by Friction, Operative, Ermine, and finally La Capitan. MI has 2 nemesis bonuses so she goes down relatively quickly. Friction is more dangerous the more she builds up, so she was next. Operative was pretty low by that point so she followed, then La Capitan is just hard to take down with Chiquito’s blocking.

Strategy was more or less survive and plink away. Targeting arrow plus Akash’s power with 4-5 seeds out does a decent amount of damage. Smoke Bombs and Wraith-Bot once I got them out were pretty powerful. If Wraith-Bot is lowest, redirect all damage then it gets bounced back out, but at -1. This definitely reduces the ouch of Operative/Capitan/Friction’s AoEs.

At one point there were two Chronological Hotspots in play, which I am still not sure was more helpful than harmful, or harmful than helpful. It did help get a lot of stuff into play, but it was often stuff that wasn’t that useful right then. Beyond that, there are a lot of ongoings that come in, so be ready for those with Bee-bots.

~A-Kat

Surprisingly fun, though not without challenge. Could have finished it a whole round earlier if I hadn’t misclicked on a Tachyon turn. XD

Ironically, I actually beat last week’s one-shot finally, but after it ended, so I only got the Good. But I did it!

Managed a Mint, with everyone around 10 HP.

I focus-fired Miss Information to start; she’s just wildly dangerous. After spending the first turn whaling on Miss Info, Wraith kept throat-punching the Operative to keep her from dealing damage while everyone else killed La Capitan, and then I moved on to Friction, before doubling back to the Operative and finishing off with Ermine.

My MVP was the combination of Healing Pollen and Cryo Bot; the bot was able to throw a lot of damage around, which drained La Capitan’s supply of defenses and killed Chiquito early enough for me to crush her to death under the weight of Targeting Arrows.

Yes! I was thoroughly pleased by how useful Cryo Bot was in this fight. :smiley: You don’t get to say that often, but this time, he was a heavy hitter.

Almost forgot about this week’s one-shot.

Villain mode, not my favorite. “Challenge” mode? Even less so. But actually not that bad of a fight. The heroes won on the end of round 4.

Order of targeting villains was Miss Information (its almost always a good idea to take out Miss Information first) and La Capitan (also someone to get out of the fight as fast as possible) on round 2, Friction on round 3, and the Operative and Ermine on round 4.

Some things worked out well by happy accident or by careful planning by me. Unity blind-played “Cryo Bot” (via “Chronological Hotspot”) and that bot sent out waves of damage to all villains. It finally got knocked out, and Unity used her innate power to bring it right back out! This game had lots of card discards or cards moved to top or bottom of draw piles, and I tried really hard to position things so that I could use “Chronological Hotspot” or Tachyon’s innate power to good use, but the villains always messed me up. Also, this game has lots of card destruction, so make sure to have the heroes play extra ongoing and equipment cards so they can protect the ones they really need.

On round 3, Akash’Thriya took a lot of damage to send a ton of seed pods into the environment trash, and then… the environment only had a chance to play one more card before the end of the game. In retrospect she could have finished with a lot more hit points.

Carefully picking the order of attacks really helped me this game (ie the Operative sends out a wave of 1 damage to all hero targets, so let her hit all healthy seed pods, then destroy “Healing Pollen” to heal the seed pods back up again, and heal “Cryo Bot” from 1 to 2 hit points so that the Operative hits it without destroying it, and thus it can send out a wave of damage to all villains one last time…)

Oh, and the Operative almost single-handedly took out “Immutus” in a single turn! I know that the Operative is a villain, but man that was impressive.

The environment was really not significant this game. It got to play 3 cards before the game was over.

Actually a fun fight. Might try it again to see if I can have Akash’Thriya not self-sacrifice to put lots of seed pods in the environment trash for no good reason.