A Caterpillar of Silliness: A Proletariat Question

So quick question about Prolo ladies and gents:

How do "Defensive Sacrifice" and "Shared Burden" interact with each other? 

As both cards trigger when two or more damage is about to be applied to Prolo, my main confusion with this lies with the order of operation. So I guess two questions: 1.) Do they both trigger? 2.) If they do who chooses which one is applied first?

Also "a Caterpillar of Silliness" is my term for this because I just imagine Proletariat popping in and out of hexes in a slow circle around his attacker.

Thanks for the considerations, fellow heroes = )

Don't have the wording in front of me. Don't they each say "If X ... instead you may do Y .."?

If so, I'd think that you can choose to use one of the card's powers or the other, but not both. Even if you could use both, I don't see why you could use them each more than once.

If you have both Defensive Sacrifice and Shared Burden equipped, and Proletariat would take 2 or more damage, both replacement effects want to be applied. Proletariat chooses which one to apply first. Then, since whichever one you chose has reduced the damage below 2, the other one no longer applies.

End result – for each attack of 2 or more damage, you get to use one of the powers, but not both.

I thought that would be the case.  Thanks for the answer Luther.

As a side note to your main character panel image appears to be missing his duplicate ability.  

Probably because he's Luther - he already has all the clones…  :wink:

Ha! I never noticed that. Those images are from Playtesting proofs; I should get print proofs at some point on my pc.