A Hero's Guide to the Argent Adept

I'll say it again - this topic is for discussion of Flamethrower's AA guide, not for a general discussion of what you like/dislike about AA or your favorite combo, etc.  In order to keep things clean, we should consider taking that kind of discussion to its own topic so that this can remain about the guide itself.

I think the community is growing so much, that it might be time to give each hero/villian its own mini forum. Link guides, talk about favorite combos, and put any ruling specific to cards in those decks.

I think that would be an awesome idea

I agree

have seperate threads for heros been made since this post?

If so would somebody please direct me?

I have a very simple question which I don't think is too off topic because I was hoping to get an answer from the guide (maybe the question is too simple for this guide). 

When you activate an instrument's power, is it required to have both perform and accompany types in play? eg, if an instrument says activate a perform on a Melody and an accompany on a Rhythym, do you have to have both to use the intrument's power?

If you don't have the first (perform), can you still use second (accompany) part of the power?

Also, you must use the perform and accompany in the order listed, correct?

Thanks!

It would be better to start a new topic for these questions.

If you don't have both of the things that an instrument activates then you can still use the instrument.  You will just activate what you do have in play.  however you must activate both kinds of text if you use the instrument and they are available.  You also have to do them in the order on the card.

Dypaca?

Wouldn't it be the case that if the creators did intend for the instruments to work IN order then the card would say so?
As in... Perform a perform text "AND THEN" perform an accompany?

Seems like a too overly important mechanic to of accidentally left out.

Are you really trying to make a distinction between "and" and "and then"? That's a very dangerous road my friend. 

It's a logical distinction.  "And" implies simultaneity while "and then" implies seriality.  However since nothing in the game is simultaneous, all "ands" have to be read as "and then", so the distinction which would normally be fine, isn't useful in the game.

That is a bit of a misconception Spiff. There are simultaneous actions! Says so in the rulebook. Thats why card order is important. Just because effects do not resolve simultaneously does not mean they are not in fact simultaneous.

I suppose that's true, although it's a semantic rather than practical distinction.  I see your point though.

More or less. Effectivly you resolve everything as if simultaneous actions do not exist at all. But it is an important distinction as you need to know what effects are considered "simultaneous" or not when you are considering timing of complex interactions.

What's an example of a simultaneous effect, then?

Expatriette's Assault rifle deals 3 targets 2 projectile damage each.

This happens "simultaneously", but for the sake of reason (and sanity), it can't really be simultaneous.  So, you pick your targets in whatever order you want, resolving each as you go.  If target A was providing damage reduction to targets B and C, but dies after taking the damage, the latter targets no longer get DR.  

I don't see how that's simultaneous at all.  Since each shot is resolved one at a time, they're sequential.  They just all happen within the space of one Power.

If they happened simultaneously, B and C would still receive the damage reduction.  It's only because they're resolved in sequence (in the player's choice of order) that A can be killed first.

I don't see how that's simultaneous at all.

Think of it this way: the rules tell you how to handle simultaneous actions (you handle them sequentially).  If there were no simultaneous actions, there would be no need for that rule.

Example:  when you reach the end-of-turn phase for the villain, all of the end-of-turn effects on villain cards are triggered simultaneously (there aren't multiple end-of-turn phases, just one, which triggers everything at once).  However, the rules say that when simultaneous actions happen, you will deal with them in a non-simultaneous manner.  So when people say "nothing is really simultaneous in this game", they're referring to how simultaneous actions are handled, not that there aren't actually simultaneous events in the game, which there absolutely are.  It's a subtle, academic distinction, but it's a real one.

The way I figured it, those end-of-turn effects don't trigger simultaneously, they trigger one at a time in card-play order during the rather long "end of turn phase".  (I'm from Magic, so I'm accustomed to such temporal absurdities.)

Right. I hear you. I was a magic player for a long time. It took a while to break myself of the habit of assuming if it's true for one then it must be of the other. I always got myself into trouble thinking that way. 

Had a good game today... made one great, power play that left me feeling very satisfied.
Had both Bulwark and Inventive Preperation on the field along with the Bell... already pretty strong.
Along with that; in hand I had a Silver Shadow and a Cadence.

Play Silver Shadow to active inventive preperation's accompany: Let another play play a card out of turn.
Silver Shadow's effect; play a card afterward if I can... I use that effect to play a Cadence.

In the cadense I choose to activate a vernal sonata to help a Wraith player draw her blowdrier card.

At which point I then proceed to my power face and used it on my bell
Perform on inventive prep to allow the entire team to top card ~ choose to replace or discard
and the accompany of bulwark to allow the wraith player to immediately draw her card for her next turn.

Don't know if it was the best move, it felt satisfying none the less.