Akash'Bhuta tricky game

Hello. I’ve been playing DE games with friends, and then trying the same game on my own in classic Sentinels to see how different it feels. All of the games we’ve been playing have been on advanced.

In general, the DE games have all been really close, and we only win due to a lot of ingenuity and a little bit of luck. The classic games have been tricky, but much easier in general…until today.

Advanced Akash’Bhuta vs Legacy, Haka and Bunker (in that order) on Magmaria is really hard. In DE heros were down to roughly 15 hp after the second villain turn. We pulled out a victory, but primarily by taking advantage of the environment and doing legacy/haka combos.

In classic, it seemed really easy at first. Akash didn’t seem nearly as threatening, especially after Legacy blocked all the melee and projectile damage. I got her down to low 60s, and then she played Allies of the Earth. In one turn she healed herself to mid 90s, killed Bunker, and used ensnaring brambles to keep Haka from fighting back. She’s healing faster than I can damage her, and we have no ongoing destruction.

To make things worse, the environment wont let me keep Legacy’s ring out, so I can’t block Entomb.

Can anyone else beat her with this setup?

Also, I like games that look like they will be easy that turn out to be really tough. Does anyone have any suggestions for these types of games?

Screenshot

No ongoing/environment destruction plus limited AOE plus Bunker made this tricky and slow, I did get lucky with the environment never playing any Crystalloid Behemoths though.

Wow. What was your general strategy?

I used to underestimate AB a lot; the bonus card plays from the Environment can really, really hurt. Instant Entomb when you have four heroes damageable and one happens to be immune, or Primeval Eruption into Disrupt the Field on side B, triggering several additional plays including another Eruption… she really gives you the feeling of a volcano that sits there doing nothing for decades and then suddenly explodes. I used to use her as one of my go-to villains for teaching new players the game, but that was before the app showed me just how out of control she can get.

I just focused on hitting the limbs, which I know sounds unhelpfully obvious.

Legacy focused on damage buffing, when he got the ring he spent most of the game using his base power and Motivational Charge. I did draw Next Evolution and Lead From The Front but I think playing them would have slowed the heroes down too much.

Haka used Rampage to clear out the limbs whenever Akash played Primeval Eruption and otherwise spent most of the game hitting them with Taiaha.

Bunker spent most of the game using Turret Mode, Flak Cannon, and Grenade Launcher.

Arboreal Phalanges Ensnaring Brambles were the priority limb to get rid of when they were out so we could all keep dealing damage. Part way through the game, the environment played Fiery Crystalization, at which point I made sure to get rid of any magmarians that came out to avoid losing equipment. When Entomb was played I just let it hit everyone, because we had no other way to get rid of it.

Arboreal Phalanges is just damage (at least in the EE version). You may be thinking of Entangling Brambles. And I agree, those are always a priority target. If you get down to 1 or 2 heroes, a Bramble or two can basically give you a nonstandard Game Over even though you never actually die. I have an awesome game report involving Scholar that I need to finish up and post sometime, where he and his multi-iron form waited out like 50 turns of AB keeping him paralyzed but unharmed, until finally the Environment got around to killing her.

1 Like

Akash’Bhuta is generally harder in target-rich environments, even potentially friendly ones like Magmaria or Plavucol, because of all the free card plays.

2 Likes

Yep, and conversely she’s kind of a joke in Freedom Tower or Madame Mittermaiers, even though those can be kinda hard, because they have NO targets. If you want to nerf yourself a bit for the challenge, play three heroes including Naturalist. I think I’ll go do that now actually.