Attack +1 and Attack -1 tokens cancel

Apparently an attack +1 and an attack -1 token are supposed to cancel each other out:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/18169810#18169810

I'm pretty sure this is missing from the rulebook, but they've been playing it this way at tournaments.

That's interesting.  I didn't think that would be the case since Attack +1 tokens are optional and Attack-1 are mandatory

They do if you use an attack+1 token to negate an attack-1 token.  Attack -1 tokens just have to be used on your next attack.  Attack +1 tokens are your choice to use on an stack against a specific target

edit: I've looked at rulebook and see no mention of them automatically canceling each other out.   While it is Luther listing that as a response, he is wrong that it is in the rulebook.  

Yeah, it was supposed to be in the rulebook, but didn't make it. It was a last-minute rules change. If a character gets one and already has the other (as described), they both go away.

Is it supposed to balance something?  I guess I just don't see why it would need to work that way.  

Actually, I think it does two things:

1. Reduces the number of tokens out (which can get pretty ridiculous)
  2. Reduces need to remember to remove -1 tokens, as there are fewer

I honestly don't know the official reasons - those are just my observations. :slightly_smiling_face:

C.) Nerfs Bunker and, indirectly, Baron Blade; because God knows they needed it.

Is it the same for +1/-1 Defense tokens?  I'd assume it is but the BGG discussion doesn't say, so I won't add that bit to the FAQ just yet.

Yeah it's the same.

Thanks, Luther!  An thanks for Tactics!  Every time I demo it I want to play it more. :D. Sorry about any stress concerning AZ!