Bot Movement: Limited or Unlimited?

Based upon what I saw in the PAX East twitch feeds, it seams like some times, people have taken move actions more than once with the same bot, typically swift bot.  Now I know that Go, Bots! is an unlimited action, but I assumed that the actions taken by the bots from it where still limited to once per turn as normal?

Move is a limited action, so i'm pretty sure Bots can only only use it once as well. With the case of Swift Bot, it has an action on its card that allows it to move up to 3 spaces and make an attack. Is this what they were doing at the tournament?

Edit: There is also the Sprint Action, which allows movement.

I don't actually believe this is the case Ronway. To use move as one of your actions is limited, yes, but since moving her bots is a fuction of the Unlimited Go Bots! action, I think you may choose any of those actions multiple times.

I believe this holds true for Proletariats Overwhelm, where you may "Overwhelm" an any of your actions, even if it is one you have already used (Like Clone for example).

Paul or Luther, please let me know if I am off track here. I'm not 100% sure on this.

Interesting, I wasn't aware that Go Bots! Makes the actions the Bots take function as if they are unlimited. Next game I play I will totally get Raptor Bot and Champion Bot out there and get it set up so Raptor Bot can make 3 attacks with 7 dice each.

I think Ronway's right, but that's my interpretation - it'll be good to get an official answer on this one.

Unity can use Go Bots to allow a bot to use an action. By definition, the common actions (Move, et al) are limited, so the bot can't do one of those more than once. 

What is sometimes missed is that Swift Bot can use it's attack action which allows it to move and then execute an attack, which can look like it just moved, again. That might be part of what folks are seeing.

I'm 80% sure I've seen swfit bot attack twice in one turn at PAX East this year. But my memory could be doing its own thing which is 100% possible. I still think it functions the same as Overwhelm though (and it's possible I'm playing Overwhelm wrong, but I do not believe so).

In PAX South they asked this question.  Bots don't really get their own turns.  They only get actions from Fo, bots! And it is unlimited.  Christopher comments that the player should use this to attack (or move?) multiple times in one turn during the commentary of one of the games.

Christopher and I had a big discussion about this back in January at or right after South. The conclusion we came to at that time is that, since Go Bots is Unlimited, you can have bots take the same action multiple times. Our reasoning is that:

1) It is simpler to explain. "The action is Unlimited, so you can do the same thing multiple times." is much simpler than "The 'Go Bots!' action is Unlimited, so you can do it multiple times, but since each Bot's actions are not Unlimited, you can only have a specific bot do a given action once per turn."

2) It means that, if you are doing it wrong and learn the right rule, your character is now more awesome, not less awesome. The experience "I enjoy playing this character and just discovered that it is more awesome than I thought" is much better than "I enjoy playing this character and just discovered that it is less awesome than I thought"

3) It is not overpowered. You can do some cool stuff with it (like use Champion Bot + Raptor Bot for a giant attack), but bots are fragile and that situation is easy to disrupt for a careful opponent. 

Shiny! I have no issues with being wrong.  :wink:

Thanks, Paul!  :grin:

I'm a fan, Cryo Bot go!