Bottom of the 9th- Videogame

Handelabra have just tweeted about Bottom of the 9th. If you have any interest in it you might want to answer their survey.

If you have 5 minutes, we’re looking to learn some more about our players!https://t.co/3eWIkWXmT0 pic.twitter.com/lYaJolywGF

— Handelabra Games (@handelabra) 20 April 2017

No

Yes!

Maybe?

Cake!

Sorry -- what was the question? 

I don't know

Nein!

Get it? it means NO, also sounds like Nine, and continues the thread!

I filled it out. *feels proud*

Not to break up the silliness, but where can I learn more about Bot9? I'm not really interested in baseball, or baseball-themed card games, but if GTG made it and Handelabra's adapting it, I feel obligated to at least give it a shot sometime.

Watch It Played did a how to play video and a play through of the game. You can watch it Here.

Third base!

@TalkWalker

Most people who play it find it to be a very fun game whether they care about baseball or not, for what it is worth. :)

I agree as someone who has no intereste otherwise in baseball.  It's a fun and quick game when I've played it solo or with others. 

This is what I'm hoping for. I've played a lot of fun games with themes that didn't immediately appeal to me before!

I don’t give a darn!

He's our shortstop.

When I was a little kid, whenever I asked my mother "Do y'know what?" she would replay "No, but I hear he plays second base."  I heard this for years before I finally learned what it was a reference to.

That there? Good parenting. Except the part where she didn’t share it with you.  :wink:

I have it come up in my random list of favorite music pretty frequently, just because it’s awesome. 

Having watched this, I think I can say this is not the game for me. I prefer things like Sentinels because the strategy doesn't involve trying to outdo your opponent in real-time.

That said, this is so well-designed that it captures the feeling of baseball for me right down to "more fun to watch than to play". I hope I see this at my local game club sometime, because I think it would be fun as heck to spectate. :smiley:

Two great things about that Abbott & Costello routine:

1. They never actually called it "Who's on First,"  they only referred to it as the baseball routine/bit.

2. They would improvise the entire exchange once they got going, knowing the basic gags, and could make it go as quickly as 3 minutes and as long as 15-20.

Yeah, I’ve watched a few videos of them performing the routine, and it’s impressive how much they improvised it! Of course, as improv, some performances are better than others.  :wink: