Bringer's special rule and repeating powers

Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares has a special rule that says that a single power can't destroy an invader more than once. If a power is repeated (by Powerstorm, or Earth's innate, or some major powers that allow you to repeat them if you hit an elemental threshold), can I destroy the same invader more than once if it's a different play of the same power?

Yes you can "destroy" them again.

More detailed answer here.

OK thanks for your answer.

But that FAQ doesn't exactly inspire confidence -- it seems like the next statement is just wrong?

"This also means the Repeat cannot usefully combine Damage with its original - for instance a Repeated "2 Damage" Power couldn't do anything to an undamaged City. The original action would resolve, and 2 Damage isn't enough to destroy the City, so nothing happens. Then the second use of the Power resolves, and 2 Damage isn't enough to destroy the City, so nothing happens."

No, the second statement is correct.
Bringer's special rule locks out both damage and destruction effects.

Perhaps it should be clarified that the second part still applies only to Bringer and not to other spirits, otherwise I can see the confusion since two damage plus two damage (in the same turn) most definitely equals a dead City under normal circumstances...

The FAQ entry pointed to is explicitly calling out Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares in the question and about his special rule so that seems a bit redundant as it's not about any spirit in general.  

Redundant as it may seem to you, it's what confused me about that statement. But thanks for clarifying

I added "Bringer" to the last paragraph to make it clear we're still talking about the same Spirit.