Bullpen #5

You should probably vote for this podcast at least

Upcoming schedule:

• Tuesday, September 7th: Episode #188 - Writers’ Room: An issue of Engine Block Blues
  • Tuesday, September 14th: Episode #189 - Creative Process: A Sticky Subject: all about Adhesivist
  • Tuesday, September 21st: Editor’s Note #48
  • Tuesday, September 28th: Episode #190 - Writers’ Room: Post Oracle of Discord Revelations in Canon Reality

Expected recording schedule:

• Friday, September 3rd: Episode #188 - Writers’ Room: An issue of Engine Block Blues
  • Friday, September 10th: Episode #189 - Creative Process: A Sticky Subject: all about Adhesivist
  • Friday, September 17th: Editor’s Note #48
  • Friday, September 24th: Episode #190 - Writers’ Room: Post Oracle of Discord Revelations in Canon Reality
1 Like

Jenn had a baby? :open_mouth: Just goes to show, I am familiar with a lot of the people who work at GTG, but it’s only Christopher, Adam and maybe Paul who really talk about their lives. Parasocial relationships are a hell of a drug!

They need to just change the name to “Ennie Award-Nominated Podcast The Letters Page, Vote Now”. :smiley:

Very glad I spawned the ghost Dave bit. XD Wait’ll anyone finds out just what Domain the villain I was making when I wrote that letter was.

The “jugglers” bit is also very good. XD

I am beginning to doubt the assertion that Dave even knows what a shark is…

This is all such great stuff for GMs, I’m glad they do Bullpens. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I still appreciate that last month Dave jokingly announced an Adhesivist episode, I was like “I mean. I would super listen to a Writers’ Room about The Adhesivist,” another Letters Page server person agreed and submitted it, people voted on it, and now here we are with an actual Adhesivist episode.

1 Like

It’s still driving me crazy, I could have sworn that the Adhesivist (that is to say, the character on Blackout who isn’t Highbrow or Writhe) originally had a different canonical name stated somewhere. Something really lame like “Gun Ray”. It bugs the crap out of me when flotsam like this surfaces out of the oceans of my defective memory.

Anyway, sounds like this week’s episode isn’t for me, so see y’all next week.

Yeah, IIRC Christopher said in one ep that he originally was named something doofy until Dave came along and gave him a much better name (I’m stating Christopher’s opinion here although I too think Adhesivist is a fun name). He was named to us as Adhesivist as far back as Editor’s Note 16, at least.

Well I definitely don’t think this name is better…

That doesn’t surprise me, I admit, as I don’t recall you ever saying you like anything.

2 Likes

That’s certainly not true; it’s my favorite game of all time. I nitpick the details a lot, but I wouldn’t bother to complain if I didn’t care. And at least 5 or so Sentinels heroes are absolutely perfect as far as I’m concerned, with not a single thing I’d want to change. The Naturalist is one example, I’d have to think a bit to decide which the others are.

I’m a natural complainer, but it doesn’t mean I don’t like things. In a customer-service course I once took, they said that on average, for every 2 people who say they like your company/product/whatever for its positive aspects, 11 people will object to its negative aspects. IMO this is human nature; evolution prepared us to take nice experiences for granted, but to go on high “survival is at stake!” alert every time anything even slightly bad started to happen, in case it was a warning sign of a bigger problem coming.

PS: me saying I like something. And nobody ever cared to bother responding. So it’s not like I’m the only one who mostly keeps their good feelings to themselves, while sharing whatever gets their goat a little bit far and wide.

Yeah, I realized that was sharper-toned than I intended and recanted to go with something more neutral, thanks for refusing to respect that, I guess.

I wasn’t offended by the remark, but I object to historical revisionism on principle. A better approach IMO would be to add to your original post with something like “EDIT: sorry I didn’t mean to be so harsh, it’s just that etc. etc.”, rather than obliterating your original remarks entirely.

I don’t mean any personal offense by basically anything I ever say, this post included, nor do I tend to perceive any directed against myself, unless it’s REALLY blatant. But the record of what happened in the past should always stand as it was, regardless of later changes in people’s opinions. A very “1984”-influenced standard of ethics, you could probably call it. The slightest whiff of “let’s just sweep these unsavory facts under the rug” really gets my hackles up, since it’s the kind of thing fascists do, even if it’s also the kind of thing that well-meaning sociable people do as well. The line from one to the other can get blurred really easily if people aren’t hypervigilant (the movie “V for Vendetta” illustrates brilliantly how this can happen).

Or it could be that this forum, much like Reddit, has a grace period of a minute to edit a previous post and have it treated as an OG post and I only put in Edit: notes if I have to edit something past the grace period.

But in any case, I wanted to gush about and encourage people gushing about Adhesivist because I think he’s a fun character and a lot of people in the fandom find him fun and you’ve basically made that impossible now, so, yeah, I guess I’m bowing out of this thread.

Sorry you feel that way; so long.