Canon Heroes in Your Games

So am I the only one perfectly willing to play an entire campaign where all players play as canon heroes? I feel like it’s as much an appeal for Sentinels RPG as it is making your own heroes.

I plan on offering this as an option to my players, at least for the starter kit and published adventures.

But they’re all pretty stoked to play their rolled heroes, so that may not happen! :slight_smile:

I don’t have a problem with it, personally, but it does rub me the wrong way when the person plays that hero in a way that is completely different from the actual hero. (Imagine Legacy actually dropping a car on a normal person – that kind of thing. And yes, things like that have happened.) It’s their character, so I won’t tell them what they can or can’t do, but it’s grating… :unamused:

Luckily the justification of “this isn’t the canon universe” is a great excuse to wave away my concerns. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s a good concern though I think it depends on the group I think just as many people like myself try to be as ‘accurate as they feel they can be’ as many people who’ll make the canon char their own char.

I’m willing, my players weren’t and aren’t.

(I’m about to restart the group that was stopped by the lockdown)