Cheapass Games

Woot!

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/79933/mergers-stronghold-and-ibc-form-indie-game-studios

Cheapass Games were probably responsible for getting "adult" me seriously into the gaming hobby, I loved the Envelope game idea and have followed them through the ages, I even have some of the computer games they published (but didn't make themselves), so this is a pretty intriguing developement for me to see!

Huh. I didn't see that coming. Cheapass Games was formative for me as well. It'll be interesting to see where this goes.

We are right now in the "friendly chats, which we all agree should end with GTG acquiring Cheapass games" phase. Once we have actual details worked out, we'll make a formal press release and announce what all we are doing! It will probably take several months at minimum before we have anything to announce.

I look forward to a cheapass style bare minimum press release in due time!

That's pretty cool news!  I have a modest collection of Cheapass games myself, though I stopped looking at them once they started going premium.  Kind of funny that >G is leaning toward the premium model (Prime War and Spirit Island at $80) and then acquiring Cheapass.  An $80 version of Give Me The Brain would be ironically humorous.

I can think of a couple of late-lifetime Cheapass games that would work well as either Fabled Nexus (which, sadly, I've been led to understand is an imprint that probably won't see use again) or Dice Hate Me titles. Specifically, those are:

* Enemy Chocolatier under the DHM line.

* One False Step For Man under the FN line.

I thought the Sleepy Hollow game was Fabled Nexus? 

Spirit Island also falls under it

I'm most excited about the possibility of Devil Bunny Needs a Digital Ham.

Printings of Spirit Island after the first don't have the Fabled Nexus logo.

That’s kind of disappointing.  Which logo does it have now?

So, as someone who is a big fan of both GTG and Cheapass, I definitely ship this business relationship. Hmm. How does… Greater Than Cheapass Games… work as a ship name? No… need something better…

I’m wondering if the acquisition will happen in time for the Girl Genius The Works kickstarter rewards to be GTG branded… that would be funky.

working from memory, just the GtG one.

Cheaper Than Games?

Greater than Cheapass?

Hmm…

Greater Cheapass Games?

I can confirm the copy of Spirit Island I picked up at Gen Con (which is the 4th printing) only has the GtG logo on the back and no logo on the front or sides.

Greater than Ass Games?

Anyway, that's using your ass!

Another one: Greater Ass Games. The logo could be two donkeys, one really small, and one massive and "swoll".

I believe in swoll donkey.

Waiting for new something here :)