Definitive Edition Optimal Organization

So I recently (as in, today) got Definitive Edition and I was wondering what y’all thought was the best way to organize it within the constraints of the box?

I was wondering about that too, especially because they didn’t pack those foam fillers, so my unsleeved cards flop over and rattle around. I cut up the bubble wrap the box shipped in just to stuff in the empty space…

1 Like

I’ve got the heroes along one end, with filler to keep them from falling over, and the villains and environments along the second, with the same. It’s going to be great once an expansion comes out and I can put it all in the same box, but for now the answer is “do some filling of your own” unfortunately.

1 Like

Yeah, especially as the size of the villain cards is JUST too big for me to be comfortable with them standing up beside the token box. I’m not complaining about the box, of course. But probably going to use some bubble wrap to fill in.

For now, I put my Villain cards in a bag on top of everything, lying horizontally. The rule and lore books fit alongside them.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if the box holds sleeved cards? I went in and got the GTG sleeves because Christopher said the box was designed to fit everything sleeved, but I am hearing stories that sleeved cards do not fit in the box unless the token box is removed entirely. Anybody have insight as my copy still has yet to ship.

It does if you use their sleeves, no guarantees for other sleeves.

They fit great when I used my typical KMC Perfect Size sleeves. It seems from various reports I’ve seen that 40/50 micron thickness sleeves are the sweet spot.

I figured it out! I even took some pictures!

Organization

I put the heroes along one side and the villains and environments along the other and filled in the empty space with token bags. Then I put the villain character cards and spinners in the box and layed out the hero character cards next to it.

1 Like

I’ve got a leftover foam block from EE, so I put the Heroes and Villains in the long slot, and put the dials, foam block, and environments in the short slot. This allowed me to put the character/event cards, foils box, and +/- tokens in the token box.

That’s an interesting idea. I cut some styrofoam blocks to fill the extra space, but I didn’t think of splitting the cards up as heroes+villains, then environments.

Is it just me, or does having the 2 card slots be perpendicular throw off anybody else’s relation of space to category?