Definitive Edition Speculation

So, after the KS launch and all the various talks about what’s going in, they’ve dropped various hints and ideas about what’s going to be in the 6 Definitive Edition sets. So far, what Christopher has (sort of) confirmed is:
1: Main Set, Freedom Five, Prime Wardens.
2: Dark Watch, will include more villains.
6: Oblivaeon

And some of the cagey attitude seems to be that stuff can still change. But, it seems like they are going to try to keep stuff together in themes. So the first set has Matriarch and Magmaria because they fit the theme of the teams and the “origins.”

With that in mind, I have some idle speculation on what might come next. My old 90s Wheel of Time theorycrafting mindset has come into play. Hopefully, Adam and Christopher won’t pull a Jordan and change stuff because someone guessed correctly.

So, my list of thoughts:
-Dark Watch will include Harpy. Since the themes of Dark Watch are “urban” and “horror” (kind of), it could be both an “urban heroes” set, and include the Southwest Sentinels, and/or a “mystic/horror” with the Enead and Gloomweaver. Could be both.
-One expansion will be a “Time and Space” set, so SkySkraper, Onmitron X, Iron Legacy, and such. Will also include updated versions of the Freedom Six variants.
-Since I don’t think that they will introduce a villain and their hero type, or two versions of a villain, I think that the penultimate will be harbingers, or “Signs and Portents” as Babylon 5 fans might put it. So Deadline and Progeny would be here.

I might add more as things occur to me, or as the creators release more teases. Anyone else have thoughts on what may be?

5 Likes