Do we have a fandom nickname?

You know how all other fandoms have nicknames they call themselves like the bronies and the potter heads and the whovians right? Do we sentinels fans have something like that? Because if we don't I would like to suggest a couple. Maybe you guys could come up with some better ones.

• The most obvious of course is Sentinels
  • or sentinels of the multiverse which would get really confusing.
  • Or Greater than Gamers or GtGamers for fans of greater than games as a whole.
  • or my personal favorite: Radio Landians because that's what Christopher and Adam call us on they're podcast.

What do you guys think? Got any ideas of your own? Or is one already in place and I'm just late to the party.

Brentinels :V

I seem to recall someone making up a clever, if tongue-in-cheek, term back when I first found the fandom, but I can't remember what it was. :B I figure we're just Sentinels.

People who volunteer to help with GtG's booths are called Citizens, FWIW. Makes sense, since they're being Citizen Hammer & Anvil's lackeys. :3

I wonder what fans of the various superhumans and teams are called in-universe (whether the Sentinelsverse or the Sentinel Comics verse).

Sentinerds was bandied about a bit in the early days.

holy crap! Matchstickman replied to my thread! I thought that only happened to cool people. 

Anyway. For specific teams:

Freedom Fivers, freedom fighters, Fivers, Freedom Teamers or anything along those lines for the freedom five.

Darklings, Watchlings, Dark Watchlings for dark watch.

Wardens, Primers, for prime wardens with the prime wardens sometimes called Magi-aliens.

also expatback for expat X setback.

also: citizens awesome and epic for hammer and anvil.

Personally I'm still find of radio Landians.

Radio Landians doesn’t make much sense as a nickname.  That term could be applied to lots of groups not just Sentinel fans.  

Lanterns would be interesting as a Legacy fan nickname.

What would we call fans of fanatics. Wait I know FANatics. Or just Christians.

I've never thought much about it, Sentinels seems pretty inclusive for now, but I've always liked the Citizens at Gencon.

I'm now fascinated by the desire to know what the in-universe fans of the public superhero teams call themselves. We know there is a at least one crazy stalker fan (Radioactivist) so it is clearly possible to have sane fans.

You think they ever get a moment in sentinel comics like we've had in Spider-MAn or Justice League, where the heroes are beat down and almost dead and the every day citizens come to their rescue? Those are always cool moments for me, seeing the community at large throw their weight behind their hero. Though, in a realistic sense, most of them would be pretty horribly killed or beaten by a majority of the villains.

Bunkers fans are probably called bunkers. Or bunkies. Bunk mates?

They’re not quite every day citizens, but a well placed police backup can mean the difference between victory and defeat.

Holy crap! All the cool letters page personalities are commenting on this! That shouldn't happen! I'm not cool!

I always liked Sentinerds, myself, but I'm the kind of person who wears a shirt with a name tag of "Geek" to work, so take that for what it is…  :wink:

(Luckily, I've only used the name "Rabit" sparingly on the podcast, so X-metal won't get too excited by this post…  :stuck_out_tongue: )

Personally, I like Sentinels.

I mean that at least two ways!

Same, I don't use my username to ask questions.

I think Fantinels is the appropriate amount of terrible.

I dunno, it could get us in trouble with the people who make Shmanta pop. :B

+1

Fantinels is my pick so far