Editor’s Note #53

Okay so did I misunderstand something or forget a story beat? They said it would be difficult but possible to vampire Writhe pre-oblivaeon, but basically impossible afterward. After Oblivaeon, Writhe is still using a shard to do the whole Cosmic Inventor thing, but Voidsoul ate his shadowcloak so he’s just a guy, right? He’s a plain old human aside from his inventions. Why would that make him impossible to vampirize?

IIRC correctly in the Vertex line he still has Voidsoul absorbed and it takes him over. In the RPG timeline he still has the suit and there are consequences he has to deal from having absorbed Voidsoul for a while which leads him to becoming a villain outright.

No, Escher’s right. In the Vertex universe Writhe blorps Voidsoul and becomes a villain, but in the RPG universe he loses the Shadow Cloak entirely and becomes obsessed with trying to get it back. I was confused at that bit myself during the recording.

1 Like

Christopher’s way of using tokens is the way we do it too and you never run out of them that way even if playing both Unity and Captain Cosmic.

I remember feeling physically sick a lot when reading Marvel Zombies, it is both graphic, gruesome, and sad. Not sure how well I would do with Vampire World, but, none the less, I am here for it.

I used Christopher’s method and ran out yesterday… Omnitron had all his drones out, and Tachyon hit them all for 1. And Unity had about 3 injured Mechanical Golems.

1 Like

Vampire stories are at least as gory as zombie stories, but feature considerably less rotting, putrid, liquefying black oozing flesh that sloughs gelatinously off the bone and plops onto the ground. So they’re probably going to be a lot less disgusting.

2 Likes

We discussed this while playing on Tuesday, and noted that we couldn’t read the HP of the cards from across the table, but with the tokens we could easily tell highest/lowest, etc. (Our usual group is 5 people, so it’s not a small table.) So we add tokens from the start. :confused:

2 Likes

Someone definitely needs to send in a letter about that!