Editor’s Note #62

Putting this out late as I was driving most of yesterday.

Upcoming Schedule:

• Tuesday, January 3rd: Holiday break
  • Tuesday, January 10th: Episode #236: Creative Process: Make an SCRPG One-Shot
  • Tuesday, January 17th: Episode #237: Writers’ Room: Busybody?!
  • Tuesday, January 24th: Editor’s Note #63
  • Tuesday, January 31st: Episode #238: Writers’ Room: Hostile takeover of Montgomery Industries

Recording Schedule:

• Friday, December 30th: Holiday break
  • Friday, January 6th: Episode #236: Creative Process: Make an SCRPG One-Shot
  • Friday, January 13th: Episode #237: Writers’ Room: Busybody?!
  • Friday, January 20th: Editor’s Note #63
  • Friday, January 27th: Episode #238: Writers’ Room: Hostile takeover of Montgomery Industries
3 Likes

I’ll probably listen when I’m traveling back after New Year’s Day. I gotta say though, that Disparation box art is something else! :rofl: Looks to be inspired by the Cyanide and Happiness webcomic! :+1:t2::100:

3 Likes

Can’t believe I drew the official box art!

6 Likes

So glad I kept my notepad file open!

Man, Christopher can do a better Mario than Crisp Rat, he missed his calling. XD

This threatening meme Santa is great.

I’m really glad someone asked about Sky-Sky’s sexuality, I’ve honestly been wondering for a while.

Okay, but Darkstrife should have y’s in it. :V

“You won’t get me this time” implies that Fright Train has in fact tricked Santa Claus into giving him coal in the past.

Ah yes, the Wraith is who I figured would be hardest to break out of the desire thingy. :slight_smile: I like what Legacy would be seeing, too.

I’m sorry,

I'm sorry, what?

Seven hero decks? o_o

Okay, so, uh, spoilers

Justify the Means I can only imagine is Harpy. Systems Iteration makes me think Benchmark’s going to be in this??? I mean, unless it’s a Wolftech card or something, it can’t be Omnitron-X, he’s a shoe-in for Disparation. Benchmark might be here as the Terrorform’s nemesis? Take Out the Trash sounds like Mr. Fixer, super confident about that guess. Forget What You Saw could be a Nightmist spell, but I’ll bet it’s actually the Alpha card. Reprioritize sounds like Expat. Optimized Efficiency? Confusing. Enthrall’s gotta be Nightmist though. That would leave Optimized Efficiency for Setback, but that doesn’t fit. Maybe either Reprioritize or Justify the Means is actually from him and OE is Expat? Best I can guess.

Raccoonoo did way better than me at the Night Before Christmas thing, respect. :smiley:

1 Like

Pretty sure those spoilers were from the Disparation box, Takewalker.

2 Likes

Yeah, those cards are Disparation cards. Speculate away!

2 Likes

Six new heroes, but Seven hero decks, unless I heard wrong. So… Young Legacy?

Also, half the cards they spoiled made me think of Parse and/or Omnitron-X, so Benchmark or maybe Fashion are possible.

Benchmark, Fashion, and Young Legacy don’t make any sense to me in Disparation…

2 Likes

Sentinel Comics: The Untold Story Part 3 - YouTube

Here is the video that shows what the campy The Wraith tv series looked like.
With Barbera Felton as Wraith, I hope Bernie Koppel got to play Baron Blade

…what the heck o_o

Yeah none of those card name spoilers are RCR related.

I agree with Christopher on that one! :wink:

Mostly I use the hero names or given names that we already have, but I have been known to call Ryan Frost “Abs.”

2 Likes

Obligatory joke about how the Absolute Zero suit had muscles in the '90s.

6 Likes

Eww. That just made me think of a way to make even more people hate Benchmark. Exo-suit nipples, a la Bat-Clooney.

shudders :fearful:

2 Likes

“Abs” is definitely funny. :grin: We generally refer to him as “A.Z.”, here. (Came up in a game last night while we were introducing yet another nibling to the game, in fact. :blush:)

1 Like

I think the reason I don’t like “Sky-Sky” is because it sounds a bit childish? And she’s not childish, she just doesn’t understand Earth culture that well.

2 Likes

Yeah, it doesn’t match her character, in a way that kind of sounds like the speaker is being deliberately dismissive. Not the worst thing, but all I can hear is a podcast I listened to that kept calling “Falcon and the Winter Soldier” “Falcy and Win-Win” as a joke.

Also agree that calling Ryan “Abs” is great.

This time around, when listening to C&A go over the anti-military-industrial-complex character, an idea started to pop into my head that the way to do that as a villain would be to have the character be someone unsympathetic - a power player or dictatorial hanger-on in a corrupt government, whose life was ruined by a failed US intervention, leading to a complicated situation where the US did something terrible, but the person that it happened to was already awful so his response to the situation would be equally awful, and then halfway through I realized that I’d just invented the MCU’s Baron Zemo.

2 Likes

I wrote a question in on that but I wasn’t sure I made it in time for this editor’s note…or if I did I totally missed their answer! :laughing: But basically:

The letter-writer in the Bunker foes episode who asked if Bunker had faced other guys in suits made me realize that those two ideas go together really well, especially with Bunker’s (newly established) pattern of upgrading his suit to counter threats! You make a behind-the-scenes disgruntled ex-Soviet engineer type villain, who becomes obsessed with building a suit that can defeat Bunker. He just stuffs whatever goon he can find into his prototype suits, which is why they aren’t memorable. (It could even be a retcon: “Bahaha! You remember your battles with X and Y? I learned so much from those Mark 1 and Mark 2 suits!”) Then the whole situation becomes a commentary on arms races. Maybe the villain could take over a company or country and find himself devoting more and more resources to defeating the Bunker suit. Essentially Bunker’s efforts to “deter” this guy by constantly improving his suit never work, as the villain is constantly trying to get around whatever the latest upgrade is. Any ultimate resolution would involve an end to the arms race and dismantling this guy’s personal military-industrial complex.

3 Likes