Editor’s Note #73

Despite the label in the link this is Editor’s Note #73 not #37

Upcoming Schedule:

• Tuesday, December 5th: Episode #269: Writers’ Room: Young Legacy and Expatriette team-up
  • Tuesday, December 12th: Episode #270: Writers’ Room: Alternate Freedom Five Line-Up (not Disparation)
  • Tuesday, December 19th: Editor’s Note #74
  • Tuesday, December 26th: Episode #271: Writers’ Room: Captain Cosmic and/or Naturalist Story Where Neither Are Responsible For The Relevant Problem And Both Contribute Positively To Its Satisfying Resolution And Neither Are Tricked By Anyone In The Process

Expected Recording Schedule:

• Friday, November 24th: Episode #269: Writers’ Room: Young Legacy and Expatriette team-up
  • Wednesday, November 29th: Episode #270: Writers’ Room: Alternate Freedom Five Line-Up (not Disparation)
  • Friday, December 15th: Editor’s Note #74
  • Friday, December 22nd: Episode #271: Writers’ Room: Captain Cosmic and/or Naturalist Story Where Neither Are Responsible For The Relevant Problem And Both Contribute Positively To Its Satisfying Resolution And Neither Are Tricked By Anyone In The Process
2 Likes

Editor’s Note 37, eh? :slight_smile:

Not the first time we’ve had the same number used again.

I agree with their logic on ‘who is the worst patient,’ but I feel like they missed the obvious answer:
Dr. Medico.
Seriously, nobody ignores doctor’s orders like a doctor!

I definitely feel less guilty about my PSA on medical care last week since this week everybody was calling Christopher out more directly, heh.

Also hearing that Christopher just stands all day long makes me wonder how the fellow still has functioning legs even when he’s not getting injuries.

I’ve been an avid walker my whole life but mostly sedentary outside of that, and my knees are still basically non-existent now thanks to early-onset arthritis about 10-20 years ahead of schedule. I am to my eternal irritation much less able to walk everywhere as blithely as a result.

1 Like

All I want is Adam to draw Hydro Force Prime Wardens XD

2 Likes

if Adam is studying hands and feet, we know what real world artist he is not getting ready to copy right away.

Episode 300 should be the 2nd listeners choice awards.

3 Likes

Oh aside that I almost forgot re: Dr. Medico, about the whole “who has a secret identity” discussion.

Namely that while they clearly were more broadly using “secret identity” to mean “any dual identity at all”, the idea of Dr. Medico having a secret identity was… a little amusing. (Sure I could still think of pure technicalities to still make it work, but…)

Other aside that KNYFE trying and failing to flirt with Argent was just as funny as I figured it would be.

2 Likes

I think Christopher could handily win a fencing competition against Bunker, provided it was foil fencing and it was against Bunker, not Tyler Vance. Bunker would struggle to get his foil down to tap Christopher on the chest without touching his head or arms, while Christopher could run up, reach up, and tap Bunker on the chest fairly easily.

Also, I feel as though maybe Christopher and Adam struggled to understand the Guise question; it seemed like even with the clarification, they were still answering a different question than was being asked. My understanding of the question was “if a Guise falls in the woods and there’s no one there to read him, does he make a sound?”, i.e. is Guise capable of experiencing any moments or activities that don’t take place in front of a reader, viewer, or player?

My assumption is yes, because the alternative would probably leave him substantially nonfunctional; at the very least, he’s able to reference things that happened off-panel as though they happened to him, which we’ve seen him do more than once.

2 Likes

There’s no way you’re getting the Bunker suit equipped with properly-fitting safety gear, so participating in a formal fencing competition is right out. Even the lowest-level competitive meets call for approved fencing pants at a minimum (because getting accidentally stabbed in the crotch is no fun even with blunted weapons), which don’t exist in the suit’s sizes. I’m pretty sure you couldn’t find socks for it either, although I think you’re allowed to use homemade ones. Maybe if he asks nicely Maia would knit him a pair for the holidays? :slight_smile:

Probably a violation of rules against wearing unapproved armor too, now that I think of it.

1 Like

I don’t know about the others, but for Diving Suit Haka I’m imagining something like Engine of War Bunker with one of those old diving helmets. Or maybe something like Nautilus from League of Legends…

2 Likes

I mean… wasn’t pushing herself past the ability of her physical body to keep up the whole reason Tachyon was killed in the Tactics timeline?

1 Like

Tempest looks like a race car driver because the toy designers figure that all vehicles are the same so all vehicle drivers look the same, right?

Captain Cosmic is wearing an old-timey bathing suit because they couldn’t really figure out how to make a wetsuit look British.

Fanatic is wearing armor that is a sea-colors version of her normal armor and is very definitely too heavy and bulky to be practical under water but don’t worry about it.

Argent Adept is shirtless because the designers wanted to go for the “King Triton” type look; nobody can figure out why that one sells the best.

3 Likes

This is all 100% accurate :slight_smile:

Lies. They would make Fanatic an actual mermaid. With the same armor.

1 Like

I’m weirdly reminded of a character called Silkie from an obscure old Dave Cockrum graphic novel called the Futurians. She had a kind of winged fish/manta ray vibe going on that might resemble an amphibious Fanatic.

That was a solid read. Nice self-contained story with potential for growth, and an interesting mix of character personalities, motivations and power sets. Shame it didn’t go very far.

1 Like

That entire thing made me think of some epic crossover between The Letters Page and Overly Sarcastic Productions, where Blue fences Christopher. And if Christopher wins, he has to face Cyan…

1 Like

So turns out I only got one Hydro-Force prediction right, but man was it the best one to get right.

1 Like