Editor's Note #80

We got five Tuesdays this next month and get a lot of Legacy content.

Upcoming schedule:

• Tuesday, July 2nd: Episode #287 - Writers’ Room: 4th of July Special: Legacy meets the ghost of George Washington
  • Tuesday, July 9th: Episode #288 - Writers’ Room: The Death and Life of Skeleton Key
  • Tuesday, July 16th: Episode #289 - Writers’ Room: Young Legacy vs Baron Blade
  • Tuesday, July 23rd: Editor’s Note #81
  • Tuesday, July 30th: Episode #290 - Writers’ Room: “A Time of Peace”

Expected recording schedule:

• Friday, June 28th: Episode #287 - Writers’ Room: 4th of July Special: Legacy meets the ghost of George Washington
  • Friday, July 5th: Episode #288 - Writers’ Room: The Death and Life of Skeleton Key
  • Friday, July 12th: Episode #289 - Writers’ Room: Young Legacy vs Baron Blade
  • Friday, July 19th: Editor’s Note #81
  • Friday, July 26th: Episode #290 - Writers’ Room: “A Time of Peace”
1 Like

The origin of the universe having no definitive answer is one of the few instances where I actually appreciate a lack of definitive answer. :slight_smile: Specifically because the definitive answer is lots of conflicting answers and that’s fun.

Friday, I was trying to listen via my phone, first while checking on the progress of my Uber (during which the audio would not play), and then over very loud gospel music. So I totally missed the artist getting MS! D: What a fate.

I still say a La Capitan kids’ show would less resemble Magic School Bus and more Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego.

I wonder what this 2026 technology game could be, eyes emoji

Christopher’s favorite keyword is Ongoing, confirmed.

I can’t wait for the Fanatic JRPG, where she kills God at the end. :slight_smile:

If I had a hammer, I’d hammer on Guise, all over his foot~

I still believe Joe Zieja’s fame is all because of that Guise stint :V

The flesh that walks like a man!

Sneaky of Nightmist to ensure she would face no consequences for her nigh infinite murders…

And on today’s episode of Adam and Christopher Learn Tumblr Slang! Oh, and I love the sound of Christopher just slamming his notes and leaving after “scrunkly” is mentioned. XD

4 Likes

This was a great episode for cool story ideas! Fanatic meets “god” and fights them; Ra meets god(?) and they have a chill time, in the vein of that one Futurama episode; Expat and Setback with Legacy on Father’s Day…

Actually it’s very funny that both Expat and Setback have faux-familial feelings towards the same guy, I can imagine Pete realising that and thinking waaaay too much about what it means.

3 Likes

Seconding that La Capitan’s learn-about-history show would be an inverted “Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego”.

4 Likes

“Magic School Bus, but Ms Frizzle is really Carmen Sandiego.”

1 Like

The idea of trying to observe things like the start/end of the universe, or major religious events, just leading to conflicting accounts and general chaos, is an idea I like…

To me the primary reason a La Capitan show is so much a Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego show except from the POV of Carmen Sandiego is because she even has the V.I.L.E. agent equivalents, just with less punny names.

…now I want to think up new punny names for her crew. Darn it, brain.

The visual was great too, and one I deeply empathized with, as I haaaaaaaaaaate having to keep up with memes and slang.

It was also a reminder of how technically C&A are those of us Millennials who are just super bad at it. (Though I get to be just old enough to technically claim membership with Gen X as a cover.)

In the video you could just see Christopher’s face turning trying to dodge the obvious implications of giving a definitive answer about the start of the universe, lol.

1 Like

“Edwardo Blackboard and his educationeers” always makes me think of
I Land Treasure form Nebraska Educational Television, the University of Nebraska at Omaha, and station KETV.
A PBS shows made to be shown during school hours to kids.
I Land Treasure being about a pirate and a schoolmarm genie solving puzzels.

I’m actually a couple years older than C&A. I have decided to not care about current slang. Most of it is ridiculous (I particularly hate “rizz”) but scrunkly is a personal favorite of mine. It’s just so evocative!

(Scrunkly means sort of disheveled and unkempt, usually damp, but in a cute way, like a rain drenched cat.)

2 Likes

Oh, I love it! XD I was, in fact, the one who explained “blorbo” as being “like a scrungly scrimblo”.

2 Likes

I just… don’t, I admit. Doing the whole “making up trendy fake words that are unintelligible gibberish to anyone not in the know so you can be ‘in’” thing is middle school behavior to me, not something adults should be doing. Coining new words IMHO should be done in a way where it’s actually easy to tell from context what your new word is referring to.

And tbh it already was exhausting even back then, as my little kid self also struggled to keep up with trends and I often got mocked and bullied for it.

So it’s just even more exhausting now. Especially since… I might still overlook it if it was at least isolated purely to frivolous things. But memes and jargon increasingly keep popping up in convos about actual serious topics, where I am even less inclined to want to have to look up some vapid meme to figure out what the heck point someone’s making.

I am just, to nobody’s surprise I’m sure, a very straightforward person, who wants to have straightforward conversations. X3

And yes, I know it doesn’t matter here since this was a frivolous topic, just giving background on why I could empathize with Christopher’s reaction even if it was meant jokingly here.

1 Like

Okay, so the next Publisher’s Note (or Play Greater podcast if they’ll have it there) needs a multiple choice quiz for Paul with “Tech startup, Endling, or Gen Alpha slang?”

3 Likes

Which is fine, but it’s like, why are you asking C&A things where they likely aren’t going to understand the question? Maybe I’m just weird on this, but I find secondhand embarrassment cringe rather than funny.

As a counterexample, I asked about “himbo” a long while back, and it was because I had seen Adam use the word before that so I knew he’d already know what I was talking about.

(Also to me something like “himbo” is the correct way to coin words: you can easily tell just by looking at it that it’s likely a “male bimbo” and thus easily get a quick idea of what the word is likely about.)

Yes, OK, to me communication is a sticking point… as I feel people too often forget that the point of communication is to communicate.

2 Likes