Episode 173 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Disparation Vol 2, #24

Be afraid of the incoming storm

3 Likes

I’ll believe that they’re doing Editor’s Note #45 when I hear it! ; )

1 Like

Me too. Though I’ll have confirmation this Friday.

Oops, all butts! XD What a way to start.

So glad I tuned in to the Sentinel Comics Letters Page Podcast, home all things Mario.

I think Sekhmet just jumped to the top of my “Disparations characters I want to know everything about” list. Like, she can just have flame powers with no relic? Awesome! I at least hope Adam finds an excuse to draw her sometime.

I’m loving how this change to the Freedom Five makes me very okay with Worfing them to show how badass Citizen Storm is.

Adam should redo that symbiote Wolverine sometime. :smiley:

I think that overgrown bird has a rather inflated opinion of its own coolness. :V

1 Like

And the Primal Wardens team art is still not on the art list.

I hope Daren and Prof. Chris can tell us the name of the writer who had some things to say about politics, and the editor that okayed it.
I figure “Freedom Five” did not say Emperor Bush though. That would have been too blatant, and even jingoistic, xenophobe Legacy should still think he is supporting a good cause.

If we got full story support i figure there would be one where Sekmet tries to create a human identity because being a goddess 24/7 might not be great in a way “divine” beings would recognize.

I was delighted at how completely true this felt to that early-mid 2000s era of comics. When writers asked big questions, often had somewhat confused answers, and “but what if the superheroes were real jerks?” was the question on everyone’s minds.

3 Likes

I realized I forgot to register my amusement that Arataki and the Artist being canon exes is going to offer some prime awkwardness potential in the RPG.

1 Like

I know that when I get to run the Starter Kit, that is definitely going to come up.

1 Like

I had no luck googling the X-rated Sekhmet reference which Christopher alluded to in this episode. Anyone have a link I can peruse? (I’m of legal age and there are no particularly strict obscenity laws where I live.)