Episode 187 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Dark Watch Vol. 1 #137

What’s the worst that can happen when you team up with Setback?

1 Like

…Wait, is this not a real writers’ room? c.c; I don’t know what to believe anymore!

I love the mental image of everyone trying to date Alpha. We need some art of her!

The “Nick Cave is the Cookie Monster” bit made my day. XD

I think I missed where they told us who Majistra Damaris was…

I don’t think they’ve given her that name before, but I was assuming she’s the Vampire that Apex has as part of his pact with the Court of Blood. Apex uses her as a prize to show off his strength to the Werewolves, but she’s also his link to Countess Bathory, so things are a bit fraught.

She was described but not named in the Dark Watch Foes and Werewolf stories episodes. I just checked, and she’s not one of the vampires named in the Court of Blood deck

3 Likes

I honestly want more Setback & Harpy teamup stories now. They’re just adorable like a kid brother and sister. There’s also the big hilarity in how they essentially failed their way to victory.

Expatriette keeps collecting the horror movie tropes about her, I see. That poor woman. Although “Citizen Mom” was morbidly hilarious.

The entire thing with Mr. Fixer was, I would argue, some of the best dark comedy the podcast has come up with thus far.

I honestly had to kinda laugh at Christopher being all like “I thought we already answered this” while reading my letter because he did already answer it. I actually wrote it right before the La Comodora in the Extremeverse episode, but in that episode he answered why Con has a gender in response to someone else’s letter so I shrugged off having accidentally written a duplicate letter (which has happened a number of times for me). As such, I was very surprised when he answered it here anyway. Lol.

3 Likes

Highlights of the story. :smiley:

1 Like

That seems likely.

1 Like

Yeah I kinda puzzled that out from context, but I’m glad I’m not the only one who didn’t recognize the name. C&A seem to have just assumed we already knew it, having presumably decided it off-air and then forgot they did, or maybe it was in a section which Trevor edited out, whoops.

Speaking of names, by the way, you wouldn’t happen to be “Striped-Burrower-Turns-The-Earth”, would you?