Episode 188 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Engine Block Blues #4

Let’s reflect on the life of Mr Fixer before he becomes a zombie ghost.

1 Like

Triangle board joke is top-tier comedy. :smiley:

“The Inexcusable Parse” sounds like a good book title, just sayin’.

Ah, now we know how Robot Christopher was created.

…Did they just invent Extremiverse Snoopy?

This is why they have no friends. :V

1 Like

It occurs to me that early Parse is literally a killer robot - she got her “code” from Cosmic Omnitron, and it made her try to solve the world’s problems in the most brutally efficient method possible, just like Omnitron did. (There isn’t one hint about this version of the character in the card game, of course; anyone playing SOTM but not listening to The Letters page would assume that the SOTM-verse’s equivalent to The Punisher was obviously Ex-Patriette, but it turns out First Appearance Parse is way closer.)

I would hope that later in her career, after she becomes Space Parse, she has a story where she runs into some Celestial Executioners and is like “There, but for the grace of…”

have they mentioned Bruce Watkins or Akash-Mecha before?

Bruce Watkins is mentioned on the deck back of Plague Rat but not much else is known. I’m not finding anything mentioned about Akash’Mecha previously.

2 Likes

One of the folks on the LP server speculated that the Akash’Mecha event is the DE Akash’Bhuta critical event, based on what we saw of the preview of it.

No . . .

“Akash-Mecha” sounds like an earth elemental version of that one Mecha-Godzilla that uses the bones of the original.

Re: The Akash’Mecha deal: I was reminded today that someone on RoD had spent time pulling images from the DE rulebook preview PDF, and:

7 Likes

There is something quite delightfully ironic about the fact that Expatriette is closer to being the Sentinel Comics version of Hawkeye (former criminal with a supervillain mentor/parental figure who eventually turned good after encounters with heroes, trick ammunition), while early Parse is closer to being the Punisher (focused solve-crime-by-murders person with poor social skills).

2 Likes