Episode 213 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Justice Comics Vol 2 #5

Seems bad based off that cover for this teamup

2 Likes

I think I’ve walked out of a movie once, but I can’t remember what it was.

Oh man, nothing worse than when you have to ice up your own whole rat. XD

The cold was the friends we made along the way!

Haka would go into the cryo-chamber and declare it bracing.

Of all the lies which have been spun on this podcast, "I don’t get to talk enough on this show’ is easily the most egregious. >:V

80’s Absolute Zero would have been the epitome of “cool but rude”.

3 Likes

I stopped almost halfway through the first Bullpen to listen to this, and interestingly enough Christopher mentioned in that episode that he almost walked out of the first Hobbit movie (but it was near the end).

And good to know that AZ isn’t a bomb anymore!

2 Likes

I guess the obvious endpoint of “Days in the Lives” (or was it “Daze in the Lives”? I can’t tell by sound) is that several villain situations go very badly without him there. The Matriarch goes a lot worse, yes, but then the bigger one is the Mad Bomber Blade event where without Absolute Zero there to no-sell the death ray hit, Legacy dies, and that’s where things go real bad real fast.

2 Likes

I appreciate how Schema runs parallel to AZ, in that while AZ gets more awesome any time he features in content, Schema gets more creepy as heck any time it features in content.

Especially since the yandere-ness is intensifying. “Well I could just easily go live my new life without any real bother, but NO you rejected me so now I’m going to kill you and all your little friends.”

Meanwhile Muerto just gets more adorable and earnest any time he shows up. The bit with him protecting AZ with his ghost suit especially was like dawwwwwww that’s so sweet!

I wasn’t expecting an episode with Badass Plucky Hero Boys instead of Sad Robot Boys, but I’m here for it.

In the questions section, that Groundhog Day story was so amazingly horrible I was almost morbidly chuckling at how over the top mean it was. I hope they keep it as canon, some metaverse writer would definitely make that kind of story.

And gosh I am always here for adorable Tachyon/AZ BFF moments.

5 Likes

My question if you could not tell had been written for Spooky Month 2021

Book I just nope-ed out of was “Thomas Covenant, the Unbeliever”- If you know you know, and if you don’t, you probably don’t want to know

1 Like

To me the biggest reveal was that future expansions are not Arcane Tales or Tome of the Bizarre! We’re almost certain the next is Disparation, so what comes after that? I know there’s a whole other thread on this. I’m throwing my hat in for Cosmic Tales given this new information.

1 Like

For Space I’m hoping for Cosmic Concurrence or Deepest Space personally. I’m a bit bummed Tome of the Bizarre is out. It feels like such an intriguing title name and can be used as a grab bag for what remains before OblivAeon

1 Like

The image of Absolute Zero playing a record in his cryo chamber is pretty funny to someone who has worked with liquid nitrogen… vinyl records are one of the infamous objects to smash into zillions of pieces when frozen! His player needle would irreparably damage his poor records!

I came up with a variant card idea for Absolute Zero with Muerto haunting his suit:

Polterg-ice
Power: Flip one Item card in play. Then, if there are any face-down cards in play, you or a player with a face-down card in their play area may play a card.

2 Likes

Yeah, they had previously talked through that. :smiling_face: It’s referenced in AZ’s original episode (#16 :astonished: ). Per the episode summary: “Tachyon builds a record player that can output into the cryo-chamber directly (no speakers system) so he can listen to his vinyl collection without wrecking it.”

3 Likes

I just noticed that the wispy ghost smoke has a clear “9” “hidden” in it
Do we think they might be doing another ARG, or a fake meta ARG?

1 Like

The record player outside the chamber also shows up in the artwork for the Frost’s Cryo Chamber card in the DE Freedom Tower deck.

I do agree Christopher’s wording was wonky and implied he opened it in the cryo chamber, but I bet it was just Tachyon pointing him at the actual record in her setup for him.

2 Likes

He pretty clearly described a package waiting for Frost inside the chamber this time. But, thanks to the reminder that they already addressed this issue, I’m sure it was just a slip.

There is also the “reality” that sometimes comic writers/artists/editors just screw up established lore in the moment. Happens in this reality all the time, why not in the Metaverse?

2 Likes

Finished the episode. It was pretty good. My only criticism is that if needed more Muse. But then again, so does every story. Kidding, of course. Mostly.

Anyways, Ice up the Whole Rat has supplanted Secret Lads as my favorite meme.

Makes sense that Arcane Tales and Tome of the Bizarre won’t be expansions since aside from Naturalist I think we’ve got all the hero’s from those two already.

So not a single person is going to acknowledge the badness of this pun. Guess I’ll do it.

2 Likes

Was too busy trying to get rid of the earworm that’s the TMNT cartoon theme. :musical_note: Michaelangelo is a party dude!

2 Likes

Yaknow, it’s clear that Legacy leads and Unity or Tachyon does machines.

But who is the party dude of the Multiverse?

3 Likes

Now that’s a question worthy of the Letters Page.

2 Likes

K.N.Y.F.E., if party means hard drinking and hookup culture.

3 Likes

True story, we sing the TMNT song to our girls every night when we brush their teeth. Going on 3 years now.

3 Likes