Episode 221 of the Letters Page: Creative Process: Nexus Primalus

Nothing terrible can happen when the Void is part of the dinosaur island

2 Likes

Someone needs to repeatedly say “Thought Eater” to Christopher out loud until he sees why that’s a bad name…

Haven’t gotten to that part yet but saying that out loud I guess I’m missing the problem.

It has been pointed out to me elsewhere that it’s about the word thot which I’d never heard before. That word on a Google search is not great and likely one I could probably have continued going on without knowing. Oh well.

1 Like

Oof yeah, sorry. I figured it was a common enough word that people would catch on after hearing him say it. I don’t know if I know the exact meaning of the word, just that it’s derogatory (and not best coupled with “Eater”). Sorry about that.

Twice as much coffee and also, alcohol.

Therapy: It’s like magic for your brain!

Explaining questions to Paul? This sounds like top-tier shenanigans. :smiley: GenCon episode is gonna be great.

Man, I shoulda used Oblask Crater instead of Nexus of the Void for my video today.

If they don’t talk about that freaking crashed spaceship…

Spirits? On an island? Sounds dumb. :V

I’m really surprised they don’t like ‘voidcano’.

Seriously. They don’t like ‘voidcano’ but ‘brachiosolus’ is somehow okay. <.< At least ‘arcano’ is legitimately the better choice, but still.

That technical difficulties wipe was amazing. XD

Okay, but could we get Aeon Girl versions of everything now? c.c

Wreaking havoc, you say…? :V

Highly tempted to rejoin the Patreon just so I can go to chat and suggest that Nexus Primalis would be improved with ‘more voidcanos’. V:

5 Likes

I’m going to be calling it the Nullcano in my home games.

2 Likes

That is really good, if you’re in that chat make sure you tell them. :smiley:

1 Like

I can’t make the Editors Note recording, but my submission is the VolcaNOPE! Nobody wants anything to do with it.

1 Like

I dont think I am enough of a backer, but I will see if I can get someone to suggest it on my behalf!

1 Like

If anyone who’s not a Patreon backer wants to state their various names for any of the things under discussion, I will be happy to try and present them as “Comments from the GTG Forumites” or such for perusal at the Editor’s Note.

4 Likes

I don’t think it would make for a better name, but I was definitely thinking about a velociraptor/rat-king abomination while they were discussing them being connected.

2 Likes

the volcano could be “The Void Cauldron”
a play on caldera and the idea that it is bubbling over with weird

2 Likes

also, someone should remind them that while the Citadel of the Sun might be shielded it is built into the volcano not some other location.

I like it, but would they use anything with “Cauldron” given the licensed expansion?

1 Like

thought eater

this is a thought eater from D&D

1 Like

Malnourished, dessicated platypus? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Aww, cute!

yep, emaciated platypus is the cannon description from 1980.
They are psychic monsters that live in the ethereal plane and eat people’s thoughts

4 Likes

A cryo-volcano is a real thing on other planets, where the surface is so cold that water behaves like magma. Unfortunately void-volcano is awkward. I guess the question is what exactly is erupting out of it? Energy-volcano? Biome-volcano? Jelly-volcano?

3 Likes