Episode 225 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Cosmic Tales Vol. 2 #531

The most fanservicey episode per C&A

Fanatic says trans rights?

3 Likes

Aw, still no clue what next week’s episode is about, huh? How are people gonna ask questions? :V

I’m kind of excited about this episode becuase 1) Fashion, of course, 2) I’m planning on using Greazer in the RPG soonish, which means constructing him as a villain from the ground up, and any more info about how he works will be helpful.

Oh, the Roulette! At last they make a callback to something created years ago and I actually remember what it is! :smiley:

Pool Shark vs. Card Shark needs to be another Writers’ Room.

I actually don’t know if there’s a term for fish furries. c.c Usually I know this stuff.

Ooh, what about Card Shark vs. Heartbreaker?

Imagine trying to escape out the window into space.

Once again, the maniacal glee they derive from their own creations makes these episodes for me. :smiley:

“Now we do” is the best possible answer to a “do we have” question. :slight_smile:

God, I love these letter bits.

KNYFE vs. Wraith in a city full of zombies becomes the story of John Henry???

3 Likes

“You were commanded to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR, not deny who they truly are! How dare you place your preconceptions about flesh cloud your eyes to the soul!” SMITE! (Insert JoCat’s smite sound effect from Crap Guide to Paladin)

Or maybe it’s just the 30+ year D&D player in me that gets annoyed when Paladin-types are portrayed as following the “lawful” part more than the “good” part of their alignment…

2 Likes

Ah space. It’s out to kill us all, and it’s got us surrounded.

2 Likes

Card Shark confuses me, because isn’t Kaargra already basically a shark person? Are they the same species or is this a SECOND “shark people” species?

I did love the mental image of space zombies stealing the Pink Lady. That sounds like something that ought to be drawn by Rat Fink.

The thing about the energy-boot reminded me of an old D&D joke. The PCs are just really determined to get through a door the DM doesn’t want them to get through. The door is locked, barred from inside, and made of adamantine so they can’t break it. The hinges are also adamantine. The players look at it for a while, then one says, “What’s the wall made of?”

Greazer (thinking): “Uncool. A Thneedarian energy-shackle. Virtually unbreakable.”
<opens trunk, gets out cutter>
“But they always forget…”

“…to wonder what the floor is made of.”

3 Likes

Kind of. Whether Card Shark is or not I don’t think has much impact. Not to mention there are likely multiple comic space aliens with shark features.

1 Like

I can see why you might think that. I think Kaargra just has shark characteristics rather than “is a walking, talking shark” though.

And hey, all space aliens tend to look like humans from a base body plan standpoint. Why can’t there be more than one species based on sharks, too? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They should have asked Daren Watts about the Card Shark name
Card Shark was a poker themed villain in Dark Champions. Not a character created by Daren, but he would have known the character

I know he said he didn’t want to, but never have I wished to see Adam draw an entire issue more than when listening to them both “yes, and” their way into this ridiculous story.

1 Like