Episode 229 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Virtuoso of the Void Vol. 2 #76

What could be so bad that it scared Dark Visionary?

1 Like

Oh yeah, Truman Show’s a real blast.

I’m with Adam, naked mole rats are super gross.

Yeah, I try not to eat psychic onions, or I get psychic off-gassing.

I kind of want to avenge acronym guy now, too. XD

I hope they ride the “Karen from Accounting” gag to its inevitable conclusion. :slight_smile:

That image of Psylence just walking through Vanessa’s mind, that’s the scary part, well done. :smiley:

So we’re getting a Dual-Minded Visionary variant in Disparation, right? ;D

Love the image of Card Shark somewhat offendedly asking what a shark is.

Have to wonder why Taco King’s greeting isn’t “Taco the mornin’ to ya.”

Taco King, if you’re reading this, you can have that one gratis.

1 Like

Non-existence is such a terrifying thing. Sure would be a shame if that happened to a Sentinels character…

2 Likes

Psylence is amazing. What a story to come out of “we don’t quite know what to do with this”. I definitely thought that there was a specific idea in their minds that led to that voting option!

And as the writer of that Papa Legba letter, I just want to say again how much I appreciate Christopher and Adam listening to concerns and actually taking the time to talk them over instead of knee-jerk reacting. The “fey masquerade” idea that Christopher had seems like a really good one, and one that also revises the story in a way that opens up new stories rather than just scrubbing something away. (I do also appreciate Adam’s perspective that Sentinels as a setting is pretty rough on all religions.)

6 Likes

Um, so who or what is the prince of Æternus mentioned whose name I can’t even begin to spell to look up (sounds like it starts with G)? Not finding anything close in the Lesser Key of Solomon’s list of demons, but then again they did make the realm out of whole cloth. As I recall, there have only been two Æternus related episodes thus far - one establishing the realm, and one creating Darkstryfe and Painstake. I didn’t think there had been an opportunity for them to name drop any denizens outside of those.

1 Like

I sent in a question about it.

2 Likes

If anything, the fey have been under-utilized by Sentinels.

2 Likes

Well, it was only March 2021 that we had Luck O’ the Setback to introduce the Fey Court. At least I don’t remember any mention before that. They are getting a Rook City Renegades deck, so I expect much more to come! Besides, aren’t the Fey beings that pretty much want to be left alone until they choose to meddle in mortal affairs?

1 Like

Depends on the stories. Also, because various mythologies in the Celtic and Gaelic regions were… consolidated into various forms of folklore and myth following Christianity’s entry onto the scene. Not as bad as Norse mythology (most of which wasn’t EVEN WRITTEN DOWN before the monks arrived, and was heavily altered… don’t get me started on Loki), but still leads to a lot of drift.

Personally, I want to see the Argent Adept having to deal with a Leannán Sídhe. Sucking out life and blood in exchange for boosting creativity sounds like something the Crimson Conductor would have been really into…

5 Likes

“Arrival.” “Arrival” is the movie that lives rent-free in my brain.

2 Likes

Does anyone know what episode C&A talked about “The Grey” in?

I was re-listening to this episode recently, and apparently was paying more attention than the first time, because I realized I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about. So now I want to go back and listen to whatever episode The Grey came up in.

Looks like they created it in Episode #195: The Letters Page: Episode #195 - Creative Process: Underworlds

2 Likes

Thanks!