Episode 230 of the Letters Page: Creative Process: Darkstrife and Painstake foes

Who could possibly want to go after these two?

1 Like

So what’s everyone’s opinion of the Play Greater podcast? I checked out the first episode the day it dropped, and it’s like a less focused Publisher’s Note, which is cool. Christopher and Paul have a very different dynamic, and since it’s not about Sentinels lore, Paul can, like, know stuff, which is also nice.

“Is that your dad?” XD

Wait, Busy who? <.< Did they actually talk about that? Have they forgotten that they haven’t, or have I forgotten that they have?

He’s gonna go make his own yakuza, with blackjack and demon hookers.

They’ve made evil Japanese Terminus! >.>

Darn, I was hoping they’d talk more about Glizzygax or whatever. (The Aeternus Prince of hot dogs, natch.)

Oh god, canteloupe is the worst. D:

Legacy speaking Spanish poorly fills me with joy. Also the bit about Omnitron-X. XD

Oh, there he is.

…And there it is! They never did talk about that on the air, don’t worry guys, I’m on this!

3 Likes

I’m more annoyed Adam stopped Christopher from volunteering info on all of the demon princes.

5 Likes

They have a lot of opinions about fruit that are wrong! Cantaloupe is a top 5 fruit.

3 Likes

Is that in reference to the Cauldron hero who’s all about ghosts and trains? (Not so much puns, thankfully.) I don’t know if there’s another hero by the same name in one of those other publishing companies, the ones that can’t compete in the metaverse and had to go all the way out to the meta-metaverse to be able to make any money. :slight_smile:

New promo confirmed!

Omnitron XD - 26 HP
Emote Icon Power: Omnitron-XD deals 2 psychic damage to one target. If a hero would take damage this way, instead they regain 1 HP for every 2 damage they would have taken.
Incap powers:

• One player may playfully play a card :wink:
  • One hero regains 1 HP; reduce the next damage dealt to that hero by 1. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • Until the start of your next turn, the villain deck and the environment deck may each play only one card per turn :zipper_mouth_face:

I’ve definitely never heard of “Busybody” before. Fairly sure they never discussed it on the air.

1 Like

We’ve discussed it on Discord as well and we’ve gotten them to acknowledge they must’ve done it off air.

3 Likes

For some reason, this is making me think that if I ever have her show up in an RPG game, Omni-Unity will have the personality of D.Va from Overwatch. “Winkie Face!”

I usually hate awkward portmanteaus, like “voidcano”, but when they started describing the ghost Yakuza guy, and made a joking reference to him having a motorcycle, I immediately think of the Bosozoku, the Japanese version of what we in the USA would call “bikers” (though rather different for numerous obvious reasons). Given what the Japanese do to the English language, I don’t think I’m out of line to have mentally renamed this guy “Ghostozoku”. :rofl:

The description of the multiple demon lords has me envisioning an Aeternus villain deck which has no character card, just a setup card like the Ennead, but contains BOTH a 25-card villain deck AND a deck of potentially that many character cards…or maybe go the Kaargra Warfang route and have a total of 27 cards, but 15 of them are the shuffled deck and 12 are characters. Either way, the characters are randomized and played from beneath the setup card, but unlike the Ennead, there’s no completing the set…some will actually permanently remove others from the selection! They spend as much time maneuvering to thwart each other as they do attacking the heroes, allowing them to be ridiculously powerful and requiring a lot of effective teamwork to defeat. Definitely someone I’d want to be a Difficulty 4 if not 5 villain (on the EE scale), close to OblivAeon in their complexity and dangerousness, though less over-the-top and nowhere near as long of a game (those familiar with the Cauldron are also invited to compare to Celadroch).

The descriptions of Lucithar and Soulviathan (or whatever her name was) definitely made me think of the Deadly Sins, although I don’t think that’s the vibe Aeternus goes for as a whole. I mean, she definitely suits Envy and he’s obviously Pride, but I would want there to be other demons there which don’t fit into the mold of the Seven.