Episode 233 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Justice Comics #588

A very Scholarly story

1 Like

Oh, that’s Count Barzok! :smiley: I always forget about him. Feels like he should be a more present character than he is.

Yay for Waykeep, the best new character!

Okay, but they could send him to the same place the Seer went, and the Seer’s the one who turns him back to people, and tries to extort him for some kind of plot. That would make a good story!

Good call on Free Radical as a potential Scholar rememberer. :open_mouth: Even if it didn’t work out.

“What’s your game, hot dog man?” is just perfect 90’s “demonstrating how unnecessarily edgy this character is” dialogue. :smiley:

I’m so glad they got my reference. :slight_smile:

Ghost Viper being afraid of snakes is brilliant. “Painsnake” sounds like a bad story idea that turns Painstake into some kind of snake monster so she has an easier time defeating him.

Yes, a gothed-up version of one of the Kids’ Club Virtuosos! :smiley: I love it!

Hey, episode 2 of Play Greater was pretty good, I think SkyWhale’s on to something! :slight_smile:

Trevor leaving in the reverb while Adam is laughing is one of the funniest moments of this podcast. XD Also, yay for Gumbo!

What a great thing to do at the end of this episode, too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think “orphan factory” just proves my point that their banter is great on second episodes!

I’m so glad they decided to read that :laughing:

There really is something to say about them having already been warmed up and into the “podcasting mood”, though. And now I really need to check out Play Greater!

And yeah, really glad that did that at the end of the podcast.

2 Likes

I am 90% sure someone in the past has suggested recording and deleting episodes for the 2nd episode goodness before

1 Like

That was probably from a deleted episode. :upside_down_face::shushing_face:

1 Like

Likely they talked about Busybody in one of those cases where they forgot to record or lost audio for some reason.

1 Like

I thought they mentioned that they dug it up, and they talked about Busybody in an audio meeting that wasn’t an episode of the podcast, but because it was in a similar format they forgot it wasn’t an episode of the podcast that they’d talked about it in?

edit There’s a part of me that’s wondering if Busybody is going to turn out to be the first incarnation of Dinah Dozen, and that’s why her introduction in the Guise book was partially censored, but that might be a bit of a reach.

I’m mostly saying it as a joke because of them mentioning losing a recording this episode.

2 Likes