Episode 234 of the Letters Page: Creative Process: Bunker Foes

The foes of the indestructible Bunker

1 Like

Credit to @Ensign53

8 Likes

The anti-military industrial complex person was an interesting discussion. Reminds me of how Poison Ivy has evolved in Batman stories, as awareness of climate change has made her a lot more sympathetic and almost an anti-villain in a many portrayal.

3 Likes

Oh boy, a secret project! Looking forward to that. :slight_smile:

The blind flyer, like, nega-Desert Eagle.

“That sounds like a DuckTales character.” I’ve never heard a truer statement on this show, oh my god. XD

And in the Foodiverse, Framewerk is called Kraftwerk, and he’s made of slices of processed cheese food product!

…I’m sorry, that is the dumbest joke I have ever made. But also I’m just gonna leave it there.

You know how dedicated to the bit they are when they come up with a villain named Crisis Man and the last name Galt.

“…in what I would call a ‘soft reboot’” I snorted water up my nose! XD

Someone needs to nominate the Bunkest story for a future episode. :V I want to see Tyler being all, “Are you for real right now?”

2 Likes

Just wait until Tylest shows up!

4 Likes

I think the problem, like they said in the episode, is when you go from “Let’s cut emissions and mitigate global warming!” to “I’m gonna turn everyone into trees!!!” Easy there, you just crossed the line from Greta Thunberg to eco terrorist.

2 Likes

And whatever happened to Tyle‽ :astonished:

2 Likes

I had fun making the meme, glad people are enjoying it!

1 Like

So, after checking the issue on the card, it looks like the robot guy shown on DE Bunker’s Recharge Mode is one of the Death-con cyborgs. Called it!

Also, discussing the height of the Terrorform compared to other robots in Sentinel comics was kinda interesting. I wonder if a version of Terrorform appears late enough to fight Extremist Sky-Scraper or Void Guard Idealist, as like a preview Kaiju fight before OblivAeon.

Also, whenever they say Crisis Man, all I can think of is that meme where people call the main character from the Halo games “Halo” instead of Master Chief, only now they’re calling Nomad and Prophet “Crysis Man”, idk.

1 Like

If it happened with Extremist Sky-Scraper it would be post OblivAeon as she only has gets that upgrade during that story arc but seemingly is dealing with consequences of it for a while afterwards.

Latest version of Terrorform we see is on Hasty Augmentation from Unity’s deck. It has Benchmark so there’s a possibility Void Guard Idealist could be involved though I’d doubt it.

2 Likes

what if Halo and Metroid were friends and did bounty hunts in space together

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s a phrase for that sort of villain, but I can’t remember what it is. It’s the villain where their cause is too reasonable so the writers have to have them do some out-of-context atrocities or else the readers will all be on their side.

This was a really great episode, both for the villains we got, and for insight into what happens when the process can’t be resolved easily. Listening to C&A try to figure out what to do about the anti-military villain and eventually saying “nope, gotta circle back to this under a different context” was both extremely good content and really good insight!

1 Like

This perhaps?

I’m just surprised that they didn’t place [Future GLOBAL character] as a Vietnam era foe. Everything about the description would work for that time period as well, and give Bunker someone with a depth of history to eventually switch sides.

2 Likes

Either that or Anti-Villain.

1 Like