Episode 237 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Justice Comics #638

Finally….

2 Likes

Is that Busybody? :open_mouth: I am in love.

Ahh, there finally is a bear with them, at long last. That’s what you call a payoff. :slight_smile:

Dang, what a cool backstory. :smiley:

So, a San Alonzo environment deck would just be Champion Studios? Ah, there we go.

Hilariously, I was just sitting down on my own couch as Christopher read “sit down on a couch”. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Love this character. We don’t have enough cyborgs. Wouldn’t be surprised if at some point she gets some kind of demon-magi-tech upgrades, too.

Also, I’m reminded of a rule of mine, first codified back in my D&D days when I first encountered a marilith: Never go hand to hand with someone with more hands than you.
(Yes, the corollary to that is “Unless you’re Obi-Wan Kenobi.”)

As for the couch thing… I think Fanatic, if she sits on a couch, will actually lay on her stomach.

1 Like

I could see Fanatic breaking the back of the couch off before ever doing that…

I also think this character is sweet! Really hope we get to see some art of her within the next few months for DE Disparation!

1 Like

I figured Fanatic would be a crouched-in-the-middle, ready to spring sort, myself.

1 Like

You’re thinking of Alpha.

1 Like

Not allowed on the couch. Nobody wants to vacuum all that hair off!

3 Likes

That’s an incredible design, a great idea, and the name is amazing. Well worth the wait.

Except one thing: what’s with the, um… well, I can’t think of a diplomatic way of saying it… the boob support? Not only do they look like the least effective support imaginable, it’s a V-shaped piece of metal attached to nothing that looks like it would puncture her abdomen if she bent over. It’s like Adam started to design some kind of cyber thing and then forgot to finish it and make it make sense.

2 Likes

From the name and nemeses alone, I figured Busybody was a psychic body-jumper, a la Vertex Apostate. Interesting way to be wrong!

@MindWanderer that reminds me about reading how fantasy plate armor with “features” is shaped such that it would actually concentrate the force of a relatively blunt impact to a point located right over the sternum. So in addition to its misogynistic appearance it would actually function as “anti-armor:” +damage dealt to this target.

2 Likes

That purple bodysuit looks like metal (compare it to her right leg which has the same texture), so I wonder if it’s just metal on metal.

1 Like

It does look the same, but if that’s all metal, she wouldn’t be able to bend or twist her torso in any direction.

Having to bend and twist is inefficient. She bends and twists the world around her.

4 Likes

Practical is not necessary in comics.

4 Likes

True enough. It’s amazingly impractical, it’s just arguably consistently impractical, lol.

3 Likes

Finally finished, and I think this might be the first time I’ve disagreed with something Christopher and Adam said about one of their own creations: Fanatic, yes, is probably not a couch-sitter, but, if pressed to, this person was raised by nuns. She would sit in the most prim and proper way it is possible to imagine, haunted by the idea that if she does anything else, nuns.

5 Likes

Good catch. I was trying to anticipate their answers every time, and was privately thrilled that I got them all “right” except one, but you might be right about the nun thing.

The one I missed was Argent Adept. I always got the impression he was a little too stiff to just drape himself over the furniture like that, especially someone else’s. Maybe he’d do that in private, on his own sofa.

AA strikes me as pretty casual, and well, not really caring that much about social conventions. He often hastily departed from Prime Wardens meetings without explaining anything to anyone because something’s going down in the Void, remember?

1 Like