Episode 238 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Mystery Comics Vol 2 #200

An invasion!

2 Likes

“But next week will be worse” Haven’t even started the episode and we’re already off to a good start. :V

Darn, I was hoping there would actually be art of Valentine.

Oh boy, Wraith anti-emotional manipulation pills! :smiley:

You can tell he’s a villain because he drinks wine out of a tumbler.

Damn, don’t call me out like that, guys. :V

So, who can name all the villains on the cover?

2 Likes

The reveal that Valentine did all this without powers is just so cool! I already liked him as a villain, but the idea that he’s now at this point where he can just manipulate people at such a high level makes him fascinating to me. And the idea that other people will dismiss his victories as a cheat is just delicious. He’s so completely unfulfilled!

1 Like

Reminds me of the B5 episode where Bester is given anti-telepathy drugs, yet still manages to get exactly what he needed out of an interrogation.

2 Likes

Someone asked about Omnitron U being part of the Paradigms.
He does not use iterations in his identity anymore he is just Omnitron.
They did say that with Devra involved he would have some connection.

4 Likes

I’m as much of a Sentinels geek as anyone, but I didn’t recognize all the names they rapid-fired at us. Some of them were from the Wraith Rogues Gallery episode, but I don’t think all of them were? Surprisingly, I do know a good number of the ones on the cover, and can guess a few more.

Let’s see if we can hivemind them out. Here’s the ones I can suss out, left to right by row:

• Row 1: Hangman, Skeleton Key, (mohawk guy), Mr. Hideous
  • Row 2: The Operative, Adhesivist, Revenant, (looks like a welding mask)
  • Row 3: Crossword, Spite
  • Row 4: Ermine, (guy with scar, goatee, and glasses), The Chairman, Mayor Overbrook
  • Row 5: The Entertainer, Valentine, (demon), The Hippo

I figure The Jellyfish, Doctor Rubber, Saw Man, and Labyrinth could be among them, but not sure who. Sawyers don’t normally wear welding masks, but it is construction-themed. I guess this is before Heartbreaker.

3 Likes

I think goggles is actually Adhesivist, not Doctor Rubber.

1 Like

Hmm… it does sure look like Adhesivist, but I never thought of him as a Wraith villain particularly. But his first appearance was vs. Wraith (and Legacy). You’re probably right, I’ll edit my post. Maybe scar/goatee/glasses guy is Doctor Rubber? Or maybe the thing that looks like a welding mask is the helmet part of a rubber suit?

1 Like