Episode 247 of the Letters Page: Creative Process: Fashion Foes

She must’ve criticized their outfits

4 Likes

YAY FASHION YAY

He’s sounding pretty good for someone with a ‘compromised’ voice. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m glad the first thing they went to was the first thing I thought of, bringing back an old character from the Stylin’ Shirley days. :smiley:

I now choose to believe Fashion has a run fighting Spite.

“I must have your knees in a jar” is definitely the most villain modus operandi of all time.

Wow, you can’t say they don’t go all out for this podcast.

Can’t wait for Christopher to hit 40 and start developing inexplicable health issues! :’)

Not far off. Right after same age day this year.

Sorry, Achilles Turtle – obviously Fashion isn’t in the next game expansion. The next one is Tome of the Bizarre, featuring Rambler. It’s the one after that, Cosmic Tales, that has Fashion in it.

We’ve had Christopher say Tome of the Bizarre will not be a box name. The next box is one that will contain Court of Blood and seems like it will be based off the Team Villain boxes.

3 Likes

I’m being mildly silly, of course, but fair enough (mostly just latching onto them saying very clearly that Fashion isn’t in the next set, which isn’t the same as saying she won’t have a deck). Also we have to expect Young Legacy to show up at some point here, since she was confirmed early on as a separate deck and we’ve seen her nemesis badge already.

1 Like

Source?

1 Like

Oh, I don’t remember the exact discussion – this was years ago, I think it was during the Kickstarter for the initial DE set. As I remember, there was a question about whether there would be a Young Legacy in the box, and Christopher said something along the lines of “After a lot of consideration we decided that she deserves her own deck”.

Iron Legacy’s nemesis badge kinda confirms that, though there’s a small possibility that Felicia could be a Legacy variant with a different icon. But as I remember one of the reasons they wanted to split the two Legacies up was because father/daughter teamups aren’t uncommon in the comics but that’s impossible when they share a deck.

2 Likes

I agree that the Iron Legacy nemesis badge essentially confirms it, but I don’t believe it has ever been publicly stated that she will get her own deck.

3 Likes

I think the closest we had was them saying she’s in a thematically better place in episode 165 where they talked about why they are doing Definitive Edition.

3 Likes

Great episode, and interesting that the wandering star turned out to get resolved this quickly! I thought it was going to end up being an RPG-era thing.

Although the discussion about Fashion being from 19coughcough and no one discussing her early adventures really makes me wonder how the metaverse handles Legacy. Maybe I should write in a question about that. Actually, yes, definitely I should.

Did anyone else think Knife-Pants was infringing on Fashion’s domain? Maybe he just stole some of her getup. :hocho::jeans: Now I’m just waiting on his team-up with Gun Rat - in SPAAAAAAACE!!! :gun::rat::rocket::astronaut:

2 Likes

but would they team up or be foes? after all, you don’t bring a knife to a gun fight…

1 Like

But you do bring pants to a rat fight.

4 Likes

But you do bring a K.N.Y.F.E. to one.

2 Likes