Episode 253 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Cosmic Tales Vol 2 #536

Greaser in the La Comodora’s brig was the prompt.

2 Likes

If it’s over an hour, it ain’t “short”. :stuck_out_tongue: (Okay, but it certainly felt short!)

Adam was clearly in a mood for this opening, which I appreciate, because I was in the opposite mood and needed cheering up. :slight_smile: Thanks, Adam.

Space Mouse? You mean the long-lost cosmic cousin of Gun Rat???

THE ANIMEVERSE?!?! :smiley: This is delightful! And since they note this is her first appearance, does that mean we’ll be seeing K.U.N.A.I. again??

Rockabilly to psychobilly, fantastic, perfect logic. :smiley:

I can, of course, only speak for myself, but I feel like finding out why/how he ended up in the brig fulfills the prompt, full stop.

God, I love enemies who compliment each other the whole fight. :smiley: Even better when they’re versions of the same character!

I’m glad he brought up “Audio” starting with “A”, it also bothers me lol

Cannot believe they just jumped into VC while recording. XD Classic.

2 Likes

(I posted this in Discord, but… :blush:)
I feel like this ep solidifies for me that we are getting a Greazer hero deck. They certainly didn’t treat him like a villain in this, and I believe Christopher even made a comment about him redeeming himself when they let him out.

2 Likes

Yeah. I’ve felt with previous speculation that it was very unlikely, but now I can definitely entertain the idea.

2 Likes

Anyone else, when they mention “XTreme-verse Greezer” thought “Blue skinned Lobo”?

Well, Ninja Knyfe is definitely a variant at some point.

Agree, seems like we’re getting a Greezer hero deck of some sort. Very few of the stories about him have been in an antagonistic position. That said, I wonder where he would fit in. Of course, since we got Harpy early, and will probably get Akash and La Commodora sooner than Obliv, so maybe Greezer will be the a new “last minute redemption” deck.

1 Like

So KUNAI’s art style doesn’t seem too out of place compared to Greazer or other Sentinels characters, in contrast to the Mangaverse cover we got a while back, which looked pretty distinct. Does the Mangaverse just turn everything that enters it into anime artstyle, and those characters look different when they exit that universe?

As far as a Greazer hero deck goes, I will say each expansion so far includes 5 existing hero decks + 1 new hero. Across the 3 future expansions, there are 15 existing decks remaining, and 3 major candidates for new heroes: Rambler, Fashion, and Young Legacy. So if the pattern holds, then we know all the pieces already. Though there’s no guarantee the pattern will hold, especially once we get to OblivAeon.

Maybe the teaser was more for what Greazer is doing in the RPG? He gets attached to his time-displaced crewmates and is now trying to find a way to puncture the sandwich bag and bring back La Commodora?

2 Likes

Makes sense to me!

This episode made me wonder if Comodora will be an excuse for a whole bunch of variants in OblivAeon (like KUNAI).

4 Likes

If anyone plans on making a fan project with Extreme Greazer the character of Skulker (yes, like the Scravenger) from Danny Phantom might be acceptable art to use.

I know there are reasons to not respect Butch Hartman but copy pasting his art is not giving him any money.

I keep imagining a “Greezer gone straight” variant using the art of Grant Admiral Thrawn…

Grimdark bounty hunter Tempest from ¿Quando? ¡Ahora! was hiding out on Earth to get away from Officer Clutch.