Episode 269 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: America's Newest Legacy #514 & #515

No more so than the Host is super similar, honestly.

It does seem to be an Author Appeal thing where they like creating their otherworldly ideas around emotional concepts.

1 Like

I just realized the irony in this, as the Host is a realm.

1 Like

Odds on the next cover featuring green? Adam’s used it in the last four episodes. Maybe least prominent in the Prime Wardens trade dress, but it’s still there. I know they’ve already recorded the Alt-F5 (shortcut unknown?) episode, but no one’s gotten a sneak peek at the art yet, have they?

He typically always draws covers the Monday before the episode, sometimes live on his Twitch. (https://www.twitch.tv/comicsandcoffee, people should come, it’s often a good time)

2 Likes

I enjoyed this episode a lot! It was really cool to see how these characters have evolved and how they play off each other. Adam was on point throwing twists into the story.

I loved the bit where Expatriette tells Legacy, “You can’t do this without a plan!” It removed me of the first season of the CW’s Flash where Oliver is training Barry, and setting traps around to get him to not just run full speed into an attack. Probably doesn’t work as well when you have bulletproof skin, though!

The bit about Legacy’s reaction to the team-up is excellent, and Senator Parsons’ response is even better. :grin:

Congratulations to the happy listeners!

1 Like

“I should go. They could be in trouble!”
“Dear, is the news talking about a running gunfight, or massive numbers of bodies?”
“Well… no, but-”
“They’re fine, dear.”

Okay, now I want to know what kind of interactions Amanda and Senator Parsons have had. I like the stories about the discovery and kindling of personhood. I briefly got into DC stuff with No Man’s Land because of the character of Cassandra Cain (so you can imagine how quickly I left again). Issac in the first two season of The Orville (I haven’t been able to watch S3 yet) and his romance arc was interesting, or some of the stuff for Data in Star Trek (not the emotion chip, but definitely the dreams episodes), and the like. There was a bit of this with the questions in the past about Setback trying to take her on a date, but I feel like Pete is the wrong person for that kind of story.

1 Like