Episode 286 of the Letters Page: Writers’ Room: Disparation Vol 2 #58

Kismet as ruler as seen from the card Fortune’s smile.

1 Like

Yay for rock-climbing Christopher! :smiley: And yay for Jed being smarter than Christopher! XD

Wow, Adam’s DMV misadventure was so much worse than I could have guessed! D:

So the multiverse is a grocery store, stocked with sandwich bags and jars of void jelly, got it.

Ooh, I assumed this was about Kismet conquering earth somehow. Not only do I love that this Kismet just kind of failed upwards, I love the differing personalities. :smiley:

Space Clippy! XD

…Am I the only one who immediately went to “Magistrate”? c_c;

There we go, “Minister”, perfect.

Setback’s not actually dead? D: Spoilers!

Yay for weird continuity breaks!

You can’t have a Letters Page without lots of letters, so that letter tracks.

Someone told Expatriette, “Hurt people hurt people” and took it as a suggestion.

Christopher being double-jointed does not surprise me somehow.

When they start describing things with sound effects, you know they’re really into it. :slight_smile:

Gee, that sure was a lot of beeping! :open_mouth:

I hope Skeleton Key’s real name is Scully Keynes. :3

2 Likes

I genuinely love this cover being just the right level of petty for Kismet. “Who do I want waiting on me hand and foot? I know! My ex’s stupid girlfriend, and someone who’s pure eye candy.” (Doesn’t hurt that Expat is also eye candy in that getup.)

I kind of love how petty Kismet is in general in this story. Her and Ermine are both fun to hear stories about because they’re just low-stakes characters who are their own worst enemy three-quarters of the time.

3 Likes

Argent Thirst-trap and Legspatriette? :eyes:

3 Likes

You just know the fact this issue was months into the Waves of Fortune arc is because the artist team got super behind, and there were a couple filler issues in Disperation until the team caught up enough to submit.

1 Like

Kismet being just that petty is a consistent through line of her character. “Queen” Kismet is the example of “rising tide lifts all ships,” but regular Kismet doesn’t want her ship to rise, she wants others (especially Setback) to be worse off.

1 Like

So Kismet/Ermine teamup story, yes?

1 Like

So… Actual Queen Kismet just totally has Pete Riske’s personality, huh? That implies that Pete was a real piece of work in that universe and totally deserved to get cursed with bad luck.

It is, I admit, perhaps an odd connection to make in my mind. But they always felt to me like they had similar vibes: The stylishly attractive ex-girlfriend/ex-social “friend” who has a personal rivalry with a hero for an ultimately goofy reason that’s wholly their own fault, and a greedy, petty, and selfish personality.

Along those lines, while I know it was done for iconic look reasons, Expat’s eyepatch also raises some questions.

3 Likes

I don’t really see it as Pete’s personality. She didn’t come across as THAT different, just more empathy…

1 Like

So today I saw/got reminded about the “I watch it for the plot” meme in another fandom and my mind immediately went back to this thread and this comment, lol.

3 Likes