Errata - Wrest the Mind

The Visionary’s card “Wrest the Mind” has the following text:

Play this card next to a Target. Whenever that target deals damage, you may redirect that damage to another target. If you do, The Visionary deals 2 psychic damage to that target and 2 psychic damage to herself.

If the target leaves play, destroy this card.

This is now officially changed to:

Play this card next to a Target, other than a Hero or Villain Character Card. Whenever that target deals damage, you may redirect that damage to another target. If you do, The Visionary deals 3 psychic damage to that target and 3 psychic damage to herself.

If the target leaves play, destroy this card.

Please note that these changes mean that this card cannot be played on Hero or Villain Characters, now. Additionally, the damage dealt by The Visionary to the target and to herself by this card is increased.

In my opinon, we will not play by this Errata. The Visionary is the weakest of the Heros in the first place, and this is the one card that balences her out in play. I think you need to leave this one alone. Just my opinon.

If you think Visionary is the weakest hero, you should try to play her some more.   I think she's one of the strongest.  Of course you can play how you want, but the nerf to wrest the mind was very much needed and balances her nicely.  Suggestion  in particular is profoundly strong.  Mental Divergence is also an amazing card, whose only real drawback is that you can't really use it and Enlighten at the same time (without aid from another hero of course).   Enlighten is one of the best support powers in the base game, second to Galvanize and that's all.  And of course, Wrest the Mind is very strong, slap it on a powerful card, electroupulse explosive, Voss' dreadnaughts, T-rexes, Krakens,  whatever.  

I completely agree with awp832. I was in a google game against Mad Bomber Blade, and one of the only reasons we won was because Visionary was able to pull up telekinetic coccoon and divert damage away from Fanatic. They were both at 2 HP.

Errata-free Wrest the Mind supercombo:

1. Visionary plays Wrest the Mind on herself.

2. Any damage she deals to herself is redirected.

3.  When she deals damage, she deals two more damage and then two to herself (which is redirected and causes her to deal even more damage).

This is broken.  Without the errata this is pretty much an auto-win.  My group thought The Visionary wasn't very good at first.  Then we played Wrest the Mind (with errata) on an Electro-Pulse Explosive and utterly destroyed it and Omnitron.  If I were you, I would play with the errata before arguing whether it throws her out of balance or not.

Can we leave the errata page free of opinions and keep it to the official rulings pretty please? 

The discussion right now is explaining the need for the errata on Wrest the Mind from the first run of the game.  Is that not ok?

It is. If it isn't, we'll delete it. :slightly_smiling_face:

(And now I'll go make sure that I'm not wrong - because we all know that happens far more often than I'd like to admit… :wink: )

Welcome to the forums!

Are you looking for ideas about how to make effective use of Visionary?

Wait… Since when is it possible to reply to threads in Official Rulings?

Since the reorg of the forums, and the locked permissions didn't carry over. We'll get it figured out, soon...

A small request, may I have an image of this errata'ed card to print out for 1st Ed? Thanks.