Fireside chat update: Season 2 Preview Pack

Christopher has approved the latest round of Fireside chats. Enjoy!

There really needs to be a picture of Christopher holding a book in a huge chair sitting in front of an open fireplace to attach to that thread.  

So the Prime Warden Cosmic infinite loop instant win is still considered fair and legal after talking it over? I'm really having a difficult time understanding the rational behind allowing this to continue even after aproval from Christopher. For reference, every single other instance of an infinite loop that has ever been found since the games initial creation has been overruled or changed to make it impossible to do. What exactly is the rational behind allowing this one and not any of the others ever found? I'm sure it must have been talked about after the other recent thread mentioned this right?

As I said in that thread and elsewhere, we are going to discuss it again with Christopher.

Sorry, I had wrongly assumed that conversation had already taken place since this was posted. My fault.

The Fireside chats are a compilation of issues that came up during testing, and aren’t always discussed at the same time. It is just posted as one post with everything after that part of the game has been released.

Not every other instance.  For instance, Absolute Zero with Twist the Ether or Imbued Fire can still do infinite damage when Fixed Point is in play, as near as I can tell.  But every other instance that can be initiated without a specific, nonpermanent villain or environment card in play has been clarified to not work.

Fix Point's entire purpose for existing is to create crazy situations that would otherwise not be possible by the normal rules of the game. I think it would be fair to consider any Fix Point shenanigans exceptions to any conventional norm. Thats my take on it.

See also, Guise.

I'm sad we cannot "Guise of Knowledge" anymore. :C

Thank you, MigrantP, for keeping all this stuff compiled and updated for us!

Also, eliminating the Isothermic Transducer/Fixed Point loop would require major errata on at least one of the cards involved.  There is no amount of rules bending that can fix that loop.

I generally don't go for house rules, but at my table, if Guise's player wants to use Haka of Knowledge to discard Guise the Barbarian, I am absolutely going to let them anyway.

Seriously, it is hilarious, and thus should be legal.

Also, he's only got 2 of them, so it's something you should really consider before doing, anyway.

I also want to thank MigrantP for posting these here on the forums.

I was especially happy to see an official answer for Jack Handle shenanigans. Those might have been elsewhere on the various threads, but I'd never seen an official response before to my knowledge.

And yeah, if any one wanted to, I'd totally let them Guise of Knowledge the Barbarian.