Forge of the Multiverse! SOTM card creation software

It looks like its hiding behind another button. Must have just got messed up when I converted all the properties panes to relative values. I've nearly finished the environment deck so I'll release v0.5 this week with this fixed.

In the meantime, its under the 'Change Power Color' button. Click in the hero name field then press shift+tab to cycle backwards through buttons. You can press space to select the button once you have tabbed to the button under Change Power Color.

I'll try and release v0.5 tomorrow or Thursday.

Nice… I might try fooling with this officially after the next release… I will need to log into my old Champions Online account to get some good art to use tho.

:slightly_smiling_face:

CO is a great place to get art for the cards, did it with my first custom hero and working on my second one. Made sure to do it in a variety of environments and different enemies. Took like 200+ screenshots to make sure I got things right.

Was eaiser on my first guy, he was already lvl 40, second one I had to start from scratch, but it got me in the game again. I have a lifetime sub so I come and go whenever I please.

Version 0.5

Features:

• Environment Deck and Environment Cards added
  • Right clicking implemented on deck screens and tabs
  • Deck Statistics implemented in deck manager

Bug Fixes:

• Removed Deck statistics link from deck menu
  • Portrait button missing on Hero Front Card fixed
  • Needs more memory than default java heap size so deployed with batch file and packaged as exe
  • Export deck to pages now takes number in deck into account

http://github.com/fostorial/Forge-of-the-Multiverse/downloads

Available now! I have exported each type of deck and it appears to work fine. It's also packaged with an exe file so windows users please that as it sets up memory settings properly.

Nice, at this point all I'm looking for is a custom Villain card... right now I have screenshots and did the front and back for a new Voss but I dont have a card to put his front and back rules on. Also (and Koga should consider this too) an Oversized Villain card template would rock.. something with 2 layers so you can have a full body image that is half obscured by the rules and advanced edition info.

Also I started a custom enviroment deck, well... started taking screenshots for it. It is inspired by the Tomb of Anubis... this one is the Megalopolis Prison with about 10 unique super powered prisoners (in orange jump suits), a tough warden, and facility cards (generators, walls) that must be protected to stop the prison break.

It should be a fun deck to play with guys like Ambuscade or any of the Rook City villains who would benefit from a Prison Break. I'm contemplating making two prisoners into Citizens (Citizen Hit and Citizen Run) but that could create shenanigans with the Citizen Dawn deck.

I'll get working on an oversized villain template soon. My own custom villain seems decently balanced so far so would be nice to have an oversized card for him.

Yeah, villain character cards tend to have lots of rules, so I LOOOOOOVE the format of the oversized villain cards. I think they are tarot cards, in terms of dimensions, with roughly 50% dedicated to rules boxes and 50% to a full card image.

This sounds fantastic.  You could have a few different prisoners with key words…these two are citizens, this is a thug, this is a minion, etc.  Very cool options you could have.  But whether you go there or not this is just plain cool.

So I did a quick big villain template this morning, and I'm very happy with the way it came out.

Here is how it works...

Text (select layer, replace text with anything else, font is set up)

Solid colored text boxes (fill with another color as needed)

Black Frame

Image you want to use

Background

Watcha think? These are PNG previews. I will post some villains early next week.

![](upload://hsvqXFuCcsJSOSZxYrf7YEEg99J.png)![](upload://7aPVsiTfw1HBOCZMY3PGk9FsN6v.png)

Just finished my own Oversized Villain cards as well. Need Adobe Illustrator to use mine though.

http://www.mediafire.com/?pppvyh8twn1aiw3

EDIT 11/28/12: i found a way to change the color of the Quote bubble (simply find it in the FOTM image file, open it with GIMP, and change its color there; fortunately, it works retroactively on any cards you'ved created and saved when you re-open them!). so, i've removed that from the list below, though i would still recommend re-coloring it for future iterations of this software package. i've added the little bug about the "card text" box removing paragraph returns to the list.

@faust:

first, thanks for creating this card editor! it's a fun tool to have.

here are my suggestions to make it better:

1) be able to copy a card (not increase the number). this is so you don't have to edit every single field to get your cards to look the same when you want to use fonts and colors than the default ones. so frustrating!

2) be able to change the order of cards at will. so for example, if you create a new one-shot later for your deck, you can move it up to sit with the other one-shots.

3) might be nice if on the preview page, for the non-character cards, a preview of the card's text (or just the first few words) was one of the listed fields. also on this page, it would be nice if the preview picture of the card was at least large enough to read the text clearly.

4) finally, two fixes needed:

>>>a) when you choose "Export cards as PNG" they export as JPG and vice-versa. these somehow got mixed up. the "Export DECK as..." ones are fine though.

>>>b) when you save a deck , if you put paragraph returns between or before any text in the "card text" box, they are gone when you re-open it.

>>>c) you have templates for the Villain's HP card (front&back) but not for their Gameplay card (front&back needed for this too). the Gameplay card is actually more important since it tells you how to play with the Villain!

thanks! i'll be on the lookout for version 6!

here's what i've started on:

![](upload://6Fga4OsDVWTJ7rXQRAwYJIRSgXv.jpeg)

I'll work on putting those things in v0.6. I've done a little work on v0.6 already (it checks to see if a newer version exists) but it's been crazy busy at work. Should eaze off a little this week though so I'll try and do a bit more.

thanks! i look forward to it. it's been a lot of fun playing around with it. i've been using it in conjunction with word and gimp to make an entire Villain deck that i'll be posting soon. i'll link here when it's finished.

a couple of other notes on FOTM:

it would be nice to be able to export single cards instead of the entire deck of cards, for when you make an adjustment to just one card, but don't want to overwrite the other files you have previiously exported.

and another style/color fix: a black border around the "class" box. easy enough to add in GIMP.

So I started working up a villain deck in Forge of the Multiverse this morning. Looks pretty good so far, thanks for making it available! There's two things I haven't figured out yet:

1. Exporting the deck to JPG or PNG doesn't seem to work for me. I select the command and nothing happens... OH! Never mind, I just figured this one out. I kept trying to supply a filename, which kept it from outputting anything.

2. How do I create the rules card for a villain? I only see how to create the portrait card... OH! Looking back in the thread, I guess you haven't added this yet. I look forward to seeing this when it's ready!

Thanks again!